Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Y2000 MV6 - 3 litre. I think I have an immobiliser problem, because sometimes the car won't start, but will if I lock and unlock. I think I've ruled out key problems because I have two keys, both with replaced batteries and the problem occurs with both.
I think I may be heading for trouble - does anyone have experience of this or suggestions?

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Immobiliser chip in the keyfob doesn't need any battery power.

Does the ecu light flash (indicating an immobiliser problem) when it happens?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Immobiliser chip in the keyfob doesn't need any battery power.

Does the ecu light flash (indicating an immobiliser problem) when it happens?
Thanks for this, I understand the first part - useful info.

At the point that the engine is turning but not starting, all the dash warning lights are on - they only blow out when the engine starts. Or did I missunderstand the question, is there another light somewhere?

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Soudns more like crank sensor to me......if it was immobiliser stopping the engine firing the ECU light would flash.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me get this straight - it would flash instead of being on steadily? Its intermittent so I haven't had the chance to look for this yet.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
If the ecu light is on steadily, then it's indicating a fault with the ecu or sensors somewhere.

If the ecu light is flashing when you first turn the key, then it's indicating that there is a problem with the immobiliser, and the engine will not start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts