Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Meep-Meep
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad was involded in in an RTA, possibly a head on collision, the details are all very sketchy.

He has broke his right femur in 3 places, broke both the tibia and fibia in 2 separate places each on his left leg, fractured pelvis,dislocated and chipped the left elbow and broke the ulna and radius in 2 separate places each in the right arm.

On the plus side, there are no signs of head, neck, chest, abdominal or internal organ damage.

The doctors have said that the injuries are serious but not life threatening, but I am still scared.

The next 24 are critical, as being 60+ and diabetic, there could be problems.

Don't know why I am typing this, but just feel the need to let it out.

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Oh **** :(
. Thoughts are with you .
He'll be right mate you'll see .

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
fekkinell lee, thats some proper bad news.

hope your old fella puls through with no adverse problems.

best wishes sent along from me n lin. :up:

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Blimey, shocking mate, i bet your in a right state. Our thoughts are with you mate, and hope everything works out fine for you father.

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
I'm 60 and know that damage like that will take some time to repair. Just remember that regardless of how you feel inside when you are around him be confident. The last thing he needs is a bunch of weepies around him.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hugs for you mate....
I nearly lost a mate about a year ago, in a nasty bike accident, they said he would'nt live the night, then that he would'nt wake up, and so on. But he's alive and well, not quite right yet, but it was horrific, and he's a lucky bugger.

I'm sure that your Dad will be ok.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Not very nice news for you at all Lee :(

He'll be in very good hands, and I hope things heal very quickly mate.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
PS - I'D be scared too.

It's only natural :)

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
I do hope that your dad pulls through well mate
On the plus side, the injuries you have mentioned are not that bad although nasty all the same. The very good thing is that there are no apparent internal injuries which in these cirumstances are a good sign.
Mine and my other halfs thoughts are with ya mate.

·
Meep-Meep
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for your words off support, I needed that.

Luckily both my sister and brother-in-law are nurses (albeit in different areas) of the hospital he is in, so we are getting the inside story.

They fixed up his femur last night, and he had a comfortable and stable evening in ITU. He will be going back to theatre this morning to start work on the tib/fib and hopefully the arms.

·
Occasional ski bum
470 Posts
Thoughts to you and yours mate, hope all goes as it should.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts