Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this needs to be on a seperate thread, so I have started this, and please, let's keep this friendly. :)

It seems some people feel they are being ignored, and there is a "cliquey" atmosphere.

I don't want this to be the case, and I apologise for those who feel left out. The aim of this site is to help everyone who has a problem if possible.

With regards to those who felt they were ignored on the "cambelt party" thread.
This is something being done by Marks DTM, with assistance from Ronald McB.
It is not a "closed shop" affair, but there is a limited amount of space, and time. Changing the whole kit on 6 or 7 cars is going to be a lot of work.

In future, if you feel you are being ignored, please contact me directly in the first instance.
Do not just post something on a thread, it only serves to antagonise, and that is not acceptable behaviour. This is a very friendly forum, and we want to keep it that way.

Thank you.

Dave

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Very well said Dave, diplomatically put too.

Now get your arse back out that door and help Mark finish the last 2 cars off :lmao: :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Agree with our moderator, we don't want this forum to be an 'old boys club, other/new members excluded'

As the starter of the mentioned post, perhaps I have an element of guilt - though it was an extension of a previous post which had got unmanageable.

Perhaps similar 'meetings' should happen at other venues around the country where there are pockets of Omega owners - for example there are loads of people in the west country/m4 corridor etc. Even if its silly simple jobs that need doing, any excuse for a meet up?

Unfortunately, my drive isn't big enough to host a similar event, not that there are many people near me anyway :(

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

Maybe a meeting, at a central point, sometime in the summer could be a good idea? The Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon falls to mind, but that has nothing to do with Vauxhalls. It does provide a good day out, a chance to show off motors and look around a museum filled with interesting items from the British motor industry.

It's just off the M40 so very easy to get to.

James.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
I personaly try to answer every thread but, given the massive increase recently its proving harder.

For the cambelts its been a case of first come first served....

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Should have added that those who are coming along PM's me and details etc have been kept away from the public board for good reason (i.e. I already get enough Credit Card offers through the post ;)).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must say here that I also try to answer anything that I feel I may either have the answer to or perhaps can shine a funny side to it. The original answer I gave may have offended some, in which case I apologise. This is a forum for everyone. Nobody is excluded or favoured. In regard to the original post, which was all about the cambelt meeting, this is really an extension of a post we had a couple of weeks back. Obviously there is a limit to what we can achieve and certainly a limit on numbers. As I did say, I am offereing my time and knowledge/experience freely because most of those attending have helped me in one way or another, so I feel it is the least I can do.

I do think this is a great idea and I would like to see more organised on a regular basis around the country. I can't think of another forum I have been on where so many help so many.

A personal apology to my Welsh friend is probably in order as I may have been a tad over defensive there, so sorry to you mate.

I would suggest that if anyone doesn't get an answer that they PM one of the more active contributors in that particular thread. Most of us get them and I always answer any PM's, whether I know the answer or not.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
What u guys are doing is amazing, never have I seen such willingness to go way above an beyond. Some people know more than others and that level of exposure is sure to demand a load of attention from them

Hope Saturday goes well....

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
It looks like you gentlemen may well be organizing future cam belt parties. Good on you for doing it though, It just adds to the good nature of the vxon community.
Well done.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Vectrolosys said:
Hello,

Maybe a meeting, at a central point, sometime in the summer could be a good idea? The Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon falls to mind, but that has nothing to do with Vauxhalls. It does provide a good day out, a chance to show off motors and look around a museum filled with interesting items from the British motor industry.

It's just off the M40 so very easy to get to.

James.
Sounds good (because its almost on my doorstep). And I can get in cheap (free I think) as the woman works next door.... :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I often feel left out, but that's understandable :Cool2:
1000 times friendlier than Mig, and a post like that from a mod is nice.

·
Registered
761 Posts
oh dear - i have not been here this week de to work - but it seems its all gone off...

Never noticed - i always get my posts answered and i if i feel i can contribute i answer the question not the poster...but usually i am hopeless

On a seperate note id love to be as influential as our resident gurus and do a scottish version of the cambelt party....

ive just bought me new house - drive will host 8 cars the double garage another 2 so maybe over the summer , when i get the "knowledge" ha ha..

or would that be deemed a scottish clique :bananasmi

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is an excellent forum. Their are some excellent, knowledgeable and very generouse posters here who provide quality, friendly and almost unlimited advice.. Long may it continue...

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
what I like about this forum (even though I don't drive an Omega) is that people are interested in getting thier car's running properly, not wanting to get 300bhp out of a five hundred quid ebay special. like the other forums I visit - but i do get loads of work out of them so can't slag them off tooooo much!!!!

I love the idea of the cambelt party - this would be even better if those taking part could offer something in return like a co-operative - A plumber who wants his cambelt fitted - helps you replace that leaking radiator or a joiner who could lay laminate flooring without any gaps for instance. I'm sure this would make it more favourable with 'er in doors'.

It would be nice to meet up with a few of the guys off here, I used to go to billing every year for the Vauxhall show - you would see all the old boy's (including myself - old at 40 eh!........) looking under bonnets and all the kids looking under boot lids at massive sound sytems in one ltr Nova's whats that all about!!!!!!!!! anyway love the site - although I'm sure my wife thinks I'm on some sort of internet chat line or something :lmao:

·
Banned
489 Posts
TheBoy said:
Unfortunately, my drive isn't big enough to host a similar event, not that there are many people near me anyway :(

Two very large carparks here at work that are nearly always empty,just off the A14 Huntingdon...everyone is more than welcome to make use of them.:Cool2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts