Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a Nokia car kit CK-15W on a 2003 Vectra C, standard radio. I can't find a radio wiring loom diagram anywhere, even an image.

For connection to the car kit, on the radio loom -or adjacent to-where do I find
+12v battery line
Ground, car battery
Car radio mute
Car ignition sense

Thanks for any help.
Spin

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
+12v lives are normally red
+12v ignition switched are normally black
Ground is normally brown

Can't help on the radio mute I'm afraid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil. Thats a great help. Really really appreciated !

While I'm handy enough with electrics etc I still have some more questions, well... to get this right first time. I havent seen inside this radio yet so are these assumptions correct:

1. I should splice the car kit +12V into A7 ?
2. I should splice the car kit ground into A8 ?
(i.e. car kit is then powered in parallel with the radio) ?

and ...

3. A3 wire from the block is probably hanging disconnected (no old car kit) so connect car kit mute directly to this ?

4. Splice car kit ignition sense into A4, radio igition sense ?

Cheers,
Spin

·
PS3 Gamer Tag = gibbo-69
1,682 Posts
Phil. Thats a great help. Really really appreciated !

While I'm handy enough with electrics etc I still have some more questions, well... to get this right first time. I havent seen inside this radio yet so are these assumptions correct:

1. I should splice the car kit +12V into A7 ?
2. I should splice the car kit ground into A8 ?
(i.e. car kit is then powered in parallel with the radio) ?

and ...

3. A3 wire from the block is probably hanging disconnected (no old car kit) so connect car kit mute directly to this ?

4. Splice car kit ignition sense into A4, radio igition sense ?

Cheers,
Spin
i use those blue crip connectors for this, its quicker and easyier to remove if i got it wrong.

it might help to see your wiring diag and your harness, and i can whip you up a color matchup for the wires

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a 2003 Vectra & it came pre-wired for a phone kit.

Remove the glovebox and ( DEPENDING ON THE CARS SPEC ) there's a loom on the right hand side, taped up with masking tape & attached to the radio loom. This is the VDA plug & has all the wires in it to connect your phone kit to, incl power, radio mute & audio through speakers.

If you still need the connections, let me know & I'll get them to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phil

Im curious ..with the helpful diagram that you have given me and knowledge of the car kit wires why would i need to "colour matchup" . Am i misssing something ?

Cheers
Spin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the pin out on the VDA plugs, note... some car kits work fine with the factory fitted mic, but it's always better to spend 5 mins or so fitting whichever mic comes with the kit anyway...

EARTH - PIN 1
PERMANENT 12v - PIN 11
IGNITION 12v - PIN 10
RADIO MUTE - PIN 4
AUDIO IN +ve - PIN 16
AUDIO IN -ve - PIN 7
MIC +ve - PIN 18
MIC -ve - PIN 9

To get the Audio through speakers function to work, simply cut off the plug that comes with the extension speaker and wire it directly onto pins 16 & 7

Also, be careful as both the ignition switched & mute wires are black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.