Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My ignition is jammed at 0 and will not turn. This starts today and a bit of wiggling sorted it. However now it will not turn at all, just been at it for 2 hours. Is there any way to remove the barrell without turning the key in the ignition??

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
You need to get the key to stage 2 for the ignition barrel to be removed . That's after the pin had been pushed in from above (behind the top cowling wiper switch also needs to be removed).

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I wouldn't say locksmith time try stripping it down from the other end .
Lower cowling off remover ignition switch (at least the barrel will be free then see if it moves).
Try spraying the key slot and the out side where it pops in and out where key is inserted and removed. Might release it enough to be removed and re-greased. It sounds like the barrel pins have jammed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't say locksmith time try stripping it down from the other end .
Lower cowling off remover ignition switch (at least the barrel will be free then see if it moves).
Try spraying the key slot and the out side where it pops in and out where key is inserted and removed. Might release it enough to be removed and re-greased. It sounds like the barrel pins have jammed.
Just got it to turn after more wd40. At last. Will try and take barrell out now. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Yes thanks, got it removed. Going to order a replacement with keys from good old eBay. Thanks again.
Fair enough mate. It might just need lubricating (grease ) . But it's always best to be safe than sorry . You would have two keys.
One for the ignition barrel.
One for the door and tailgate.
Unless you're going to buy the full lock set most come with 2 keys as well. Just change the board and chip over .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fair enough mate. It might just need lubricating (grease ) . But it's always best to be safe than sorry . You would have two keys.
One for the ignition barrel.
One for the door and tailgate.
Unless you're going to buy the full lock set most come with 2 keys as well. Just change the board and chip over .
Will do. It looks like it comes with two keys so I'll keep the old ones for the boot and central locking and new one just for ignition (I'll put the immobiliser chips in the new keys).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts