Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just had my head gasket changed and all is well but the idle is too low and cuts out when changing gear, it drives better than it used to so confused!!! Any help on adjusting the idle level please.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Give the throttle body and Idle Control Valve a clean out. I would target the ICV first to be honest, but as your doing that its wise to do the throttle as well seeing as you have to remove it as well. There are plenty of how too's on here to guide you

Neal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Give the throttle body and Idle Control Valve a clean out. I would target the ICV first to be honest, but as your doing that its wise to do the throttle as well seeing as you have to remove it as well. There are plenty of how too's on here to guide you

Neal
I done all that with mine but it still ticks over low how can I increase the idle speed on my vauxhall tigra 1.4 twintop b 09

·
18,017 Posts
Try programming.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Often the trottle body bushes are worn, take a spray bottle add some dishwasher liquid, fill with water and with the car idling spray around the manifold, intake throttle body etc, if the iddle changes, you have to look for a leak and possibly get new bushes made.

I would also suggest that you use some carb and brake cleaner spray to clean out any carbon deposited prior to getting the head done.

Check the trottle body is easier to move before and after and spray Q20 into the flaps and bushes.

Once youve reassembled, try at idle again. Give it a rev and remember to check all the body to engine earths, and check the cam timing and crankshaft sensors are propeely routed and plugged in

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
1,716 Posts
Air leaks will make the engine run faster and not slower but if you never experienced that, you don’t know.

·
18,017 Posts
Did you look in the programming options?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Programming on opcom options are not there due to original vauxhall tigra b Programming software not install so limited options in opcom shame I don't know someone with a tech2 or 3 oh well I'll just keep looking into the problem I'm sure someone will know, I even cleaned every earth lead on car but still slow idle but it does run smoothly now 😉

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.