Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cavwebs Infosponge
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven days now peeps. Feeling chuffed with myself.:Cool2:

The tight feeling in my head eased off yesterday evening so I am feeling chipper this morning. Hopefully, thats the last of the physical withdrawal symptoms.

Not interesting but I thought I would share it.

·
I want KFC
2,638 Posts
it's not easy at all!

I'm 4½ months quit now, and getting on great and feeling much better within myself

Keep at it, it gets easier!

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
It does get easier.

I'm 3 and a half months into it now. I have slipped up and had a few ciggies in times of crisis but the key is not to fall back into it. Make the most of any mistakes u make by realising that it tastes like **** and u actually feel no better off for having smoked.

I've been using Nicorette patches. They have worked well for me compared to books and gum but at £14 for a weeks worth theyre not cheap. You can get them on prescription though for half that price.

Good luck!!

·
'Justice for the 96'
3,122 Posts
Im on three months quiting now mate! It does get better! Plus patches on prescription were ace! I dont know how I would have done it without them!

-G-

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,832 Posts
Nice one, keep it up peeps :)

·
Cavwebs Infosponge
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anthony said:
I'm only on day 3 and it's not easy.
Keep it up Anthony. Another 4 days and the tight feeling does go.

Well done to everyone else. I wish I had done it sooner.:Cool2:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
keep it up mate its the hardest thing to do, ive been off them since november, went from 10 - 20 a day to cold turkey. no regrets though. think of the money saved. thats what is keeping me going!!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Nice one :Cool2: I stopped smoking in October last year and now i cant stand the smell :boff

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Been down to Harfield hospital this weekend and the amount of young people with terminal lung Cancer is shocking..............

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
I keep saying I'm gonna stop, have the odd day where I don't smoke then without thinking pick up a ciggy and start again! :shame:

No will power... :O

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
vauxmaster said:
I keep saying I'm gonna stop, have the odd day where I don't smoke then with thinking pick up a ciggy and start again! :shame:

No will power... :O
try and find an incentive, im saving for a new car! but then im always saving for a new car:lmao: it helps having a focus tho.

·
8,709 Posts
stuart002 said:
try and find an incentive, im saving for a new car! but then im always saving for a new car:lmao: it helps having a focus tho.
I have several... car being the main one.

I am weak!

I need to be put in a coma until the cravings subside! :lmao:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
vauxmaster said:
I have several... car being the main one.

I am weak!

I need to be put in a coma until the cravings subside! :lmao:
tried the patches, they didnt work for me (arm came out in arash), and as i got them on prescription i have almost 100 quids worth in my desk drawer.

·
8,709 Posts
stuart002 said:
tried the patches, they didnt work for me (arm came out in arash), and as i got them on prescription i have almost 100 quids worth in my desk drawer.
No actually I haven't, seems wierd getting a fix from a patch on ya arm but if it works I suppose?

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
vauxmaster said:
No actually I haven't, seems wierd getting a fix from a patch on ya arm but if it works I suppose?

Patches worked for me, i used them for the first 6 weeks to take the edge off my craving. I found the worst thing about giving up is the habit, even now i sometimes look for my cigerettes when i pick up my car keys :rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I gave up two years ago.
I got pregnant...... It was the only way I was going to give up, and I can't bear the thought of stinking of smoke round my Little Dude, so I've not taken it up again.

I do miss the green ones sometimes, though:Cool2:

·
8,709 Posts
cavlover692 said:
Patches worked for me, i used them for the first 6 weeks to take the edge off my craving. I found the worst thing about giving up is the habit, even now i sometimes look for my cigerettes when i pick up my car keys :rolleyes:
Well, says he taking a drag on a smoke! :rolleyes:

I may give em ago then! :Cool2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts