Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
anyone for tea?
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally came to the end of my very long tether today and handed immediate notice and left. :shame:

the bastards have put me through hell and back in the last couple of years, a lot
of the problems i've had with depression etc can be directly attributed to their treatment of me. i've been under the threat of another unfair disciplinary for the past three weeks. i was put under investigation after hurting my back doing my job and reporting the absence as due to that.

i nearly cried going into work this morning, and so decided enough is enough, i'm not willing to risk my health and sanity anymore for a job.

i've been there 4 years so it was a hell of a shock to me leaving like that, but the sense of relief i felt when i did it convinced me it was the right move.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Good on ya Sarah, gotta do what makes you happen, get ya bum cross country and living with Dave and all the nice south eastern people :) Get a good job here and be happy :up:

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
They dont deserve you.

Good on you for standing up to the ****wits,i dare say there's plenty of jobs out there that are more stress free.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
sarahmk2 said:
I finally came to the end of my very long tether today and handed immediate notice and left. :shame:

the bastards have put me through hell and back in the last couple of years, a lot
of the problems i've had with depression etc can be directly attributed to their treatment of me. i've been under the threat of another unfair disciplinary for the past three weeks. i was put under investigation after hurting my back doing my job and reporting the absence as due to that.

i nearly cried going into work this morning, and so decided enough is enough, i'm not willing to risk my health and sanity anymore for a job.

i've been there 4 years so it was a hell of a shock to me leaving like that, but the sense of relief i felt when i did it convinced me it was the right move.

GO girl ---- i did the same 2yr ago - had been with the company 6yrs and simular treatment to you i decided my health was FAR more important!!

Well done hunny

D

·
0 Posts
You made a brave decision, good for you. Too many companies treat their staff like crap these days.

Have you thought about taking action against them for constructive or unfair dismissal? Although you left by your choice, if you can demonstrate that you were influenced by the fact that they treat you like crap, then it is still considered to be a form of unfair/constructive dismissal. If you pursue the case and win, then they will probably be ordered to pay your wages in full until you find alternative employment.

ACAS is an organisation that can help you pursue such cases. There advice is free. If you're interested here's there website http://www.acas.org.uk/

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
DrMega said:
You made a brave decision, good for you. Too many companies treat their staff like crap these days.

Have you thought about taking action against them for constructive or unfair dismissal? Although you left by your choice, if you can demonstrate that you were influenced by the fact that they treat you like crap, then it is still considered to be a form of unfair/constructive dismissal. If you pursue the case and win, then they will probably be ordered to pay your wages in full until you find alternative employment.

ACAS is an organisation that can help you pursue such cases. There advice is free. If you're interested here's there website http://www.acas.org.uk/
Cheers for the extra info dude :D

Think the union solicitor is onboard too :)

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Nice one Sarah, the bastards won't be able to grind you down anymore!!

Aren't you moving to the sunny SE anyway? Wouldn't you have had to leave soon anyway?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hope you gave them the 'stick your job up your arse' speech.

I've walked on a couple of jobs where I've been treated like crap, I've always told them exactly what I think.

Well done though, it can take some guts to do.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Well done you im going thru a similar thing with my boss's at the min, i would consider taking them for constructive dismissal that way you get the last laff

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
A change might be just what you need to get on a roll.... all the best Sarah :)

·
If it bleeds we can kill it!
692 Posts
Well done :up: Wish i'd hurry up and do that to my employers, and leave Hereford myself.

I'd hurry up and leave Hereford sooner rather than later. Anywhere has to be better than this backward, depressing, full of old farmers, place (expect maybe Leominster :lmao:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts