Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a very nice

Helix HXE100 4 band parametric EQ + line driver (7Vrms)

ohhh nice opinions please:Cool2:

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Sounds like a bulled up description......whats it 'supposed' to do other than add noise and distortion to your signal?

Or at least what application do you hope to use it for?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only want it for the volt increase
as we have a fair amount of wire run through the car i hope not to lose to much through it

to be honest if it doesnt suit i will just get rid of it
i only realy got it to see how it will sound with it,
we did have this disscution a while ago didnt we? as said i didnt pay what it is meant to cost and i can make my money on it

L

·
0 Posts
japcav said:
a very nice

Helix HXE100 4 band parametric EQ + line driver (7Vrms)

ohhh nice opinions please:Cool2:
Marks DTM Calib said:
Sounds like a bulled up description......whats it 'supposed' to do other than add noise and distortion to your signal?

Or at least what application do you hope to use it for?
Nothing if not honest (and knowledgeable...), is our Mark....:lmao:

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
I thought digital EQs reduced quality...

exactly how much wire do u have to need 7V!!???

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Wont be any major cable losses in a car install, remember that the loss is due to the current (I2R losses) and the input impedance of the amps is very high so currrent is very low.

In the quality audio world there were always a few key aims:

1) Get the cleanest supplies possible to the audio stages (your a bit buggered on this in a car because as soon as you start the engine its noise city)

2) Keep it simple and the signal path short, every time you go through a capacitor, resistor, transistor etc you add noise. Some of the worlds finest Hifi amps have only 9 or so transistors in them! Basicaly if the circuitry adds no value then its not used (you won't see an audiophile amp with tone controls!).

Still interested in what the parametric bit of the description is supposed to mean!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I remember the discussion from a couple of weeks ago!

Any component that carries current, even a 1" length of wire, will add noise.

Simplicity is the key. Take this valve amp for example. http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/6722/quad22quadii.html
About as simple as you can get.

However, I would like to try an equaliser like this on my system, just to see what it will do.

Laura, I'll have it if you don't want it! (I'm such a hypocrite, I know)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts