Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, there is definatly a god up there who hates the Omega!

We have lost about 4 so far on these boards within a week, I think I have just made 5.

Some moron in a Cally XE 4x4 decided that his car was better driven without the benefit of ABS, and then would look even better with an Omega as a Hood Ornament! :shame:

Got cut up on an island, I hit the brakes, and so does Mr Cally, but he locks up and BANG!.

Fortunatley no one hurt, had Kids, Girlfriend +1 (pictured above left!) in the car.

Then he has the cheek to hide in the passenger footwell (was funny to watch as he was driving) whilst shouting Sorry Mate Sorry, as 17st of 6'3" Duncan Goodhew lookalikey comes and tears his door open!

Then to lecture him about not wearing a seatbelt.....

Why do I bother, what a :turd

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Gods are not smiling this week for sure.

Glad you are ok as per everyone else involved in a smash this week!

One problem I have noticed with Omega replacements is that there are loads on the road when yours is off the road, yet the garages never seem to have any decent ones in (if any) when you are trying to buy one.

Let us know if you are looking to get another one, spec, price etc, I can keep an eye out around the south manchester area when I am doing my regular searches in the area for my replacement.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats true, there were no decent ones when we had the folding, but now there are loads, but if this one is total loss, (and judging by the high labor rates in ARC's these days, then she will be :shame:) they will all have gone when we receive a settlement.

Not even fully settled the accident in Sept yet.......

Oh well, maybe by the time I am 37!

L

·
0 Posts
Well you are all ok, good to hear that! :)

And another positive thought, you probably won't have to worry about the oil loss issue any more! ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pleased to hear you were okay in the shunt, it seems to be a bad week for the omegas, lets hope the tide changes, as for looking for a replacement, as a above thread says its hard to find a good one when you are in the market for one, i was lucky not being in a rush for one, took me near on a year, before ending up with this one, well pleased with it.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the main thinsis that we are all okay.

Wasn't really looking forward to stripping the head anyway.

Just really didn't need it, although the car drives fine, it just looks really untidy, bumper all scratched up, chrome strip falling off, towing eye cover not staying up.

G/F is about 4 weeks off her due date, just really didn't need to be sorting this....

Oh well, Guess it beats being bored!!

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got the courtest car today,

A nasty looking Nissan Primera.

Yup, you guessed it, Pants!

Got Sat Nav, but no disc, No Heated Seats, No Electric Seats, and the engine is the wrong way round!

ANd to top it all off, despite being assured that I would be able to fit the three car seats across the back, I cant. Once I go the two in, there is bearly enough room to breath, let alone put a First stage car seat there.

Oh well, guess I will be calling them tomorrow and complain that I have been car that doesn't fit my needs, and thus is not like-for-like!

R

·
0 Posts
Mmm. Like for like. Well, as the Omega is no longer made (Hurray from some and boo from others), I suppose you'll have to settle for a Lexus or Bentley. I am serious. Let them show you another car with the same creature comforts (minus the head gasket problem).

Tell your insurance company you are very stressed by this and will be making a claim for that on top. One call later and you'll get your Bentley. It may well be a Renualt Espace with 'Bentley' hand written badly onb the back!:lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am no stranger to trying like this.

I am renowned in the family for constantly bitching and calling every 15 mins and 39 seconds until I get what I want!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cipher, congrats on getting your courtesy car so quickly, I am still arguing to get one despite paying a premium to get one.

Will get offered a 3 door hatchback - like hell I will, read the riot act about driving about going through the areas I drive though en route to work and advising that if I was driving about in a 3 door hatchback when I had the crash I probably wouldn't have needed a courtesy car again period! Checked my claim and advised I had been through a nasty experience!!!
Now I have to pay to get the hire car (not courtesy car) upgraded to something decent! Reason - cos the third party has not yet accepted liability.

Have had a message to call a car company back to arrange for the vehicle to be ordered however was in a meeting and was too late to call back!

I hate the compensation culture for pushing our premiums up so blo*dy much however after being put through so many levels of inconvenience and frustration, I am going for what I can get.

First experience with insurance claims apart from window cover, so far am not impressed with the speed or the petty excuses not to fulfil the requirements of the contract...

T

·
0 Posts
cipher said:
Well, I got the courtest car today,

A nasty looking Nissan Primera.

Yup, you guessed it, Pants!

Got Sat Nav, but no disc, No Heated Seats, No Electric Seats, and the engine is the wrong way round!

ANd to top it all off, despite being assured that I would be able to fit the three car seats across the back, I cant. Once I go the two in, there is bearly enough room to breath, let alone put a First stage car seat there.

Oh well, guess I will be calling them tomorrow and complain that I have been car that doesn't fit my needs, and thus is not like-for-like!
When my merc had 2 non fault of the driver accidents, I insisted that the hire car had to be auto (so ask for that if your omega is auto), also insisted it had to be roughly the same size, oh and coz my merc is diesel also insisted it needed to be a diesel. The first car they produced was a Rover 75 diesel estate auto, full leather top of the range and the second they produced was a Hyundi Trajet auto diesel.
Both were ok vehicles and were what i'd asked for. I could have insisted on having a merc c220 as they're still produced.....
I had the Hyundi for over 2 months while the repairers where trying to get parts for the merc.....and it was costing the insurance comp £118/day, maybe thats why premiums are so high! :rolleyes:

Oh and remember on non fault accidents....you can have your choice of garage it goes to for repairs. Some repairers dont bother giving the car a full valet when they give it back....the one I insist on using does and they do a very good job on repairs :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Primera has is astick shift, and I cannot get on with it at all!

Am going to seriously shout at tehm today, am not happy at all!

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just spoke to the 3rd party insurance, they have said, get this:

We cannot give you a Vauxhall Omega as a courtesty car, as it is not like for like

You What! :Arrgh: :eh

·
Registered
682 Posts
cipher said:
just spoke to the 3rd party insurance, they have said, get this:

We cannot give you a Vauxhall Omega as a courtesty car, as it is not like for like

You What! :Arrgh: :eh
:mmmm Well it's not like a Primera is it.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMFG!

Just called me back, and they want to offer me a Mondeo, or a Passat!

When will this company learn, Why should I have to take a smaller vehicle, that wouldn't fir my needs because of some dickhead that cant look where he is going!

Enterprise are now invloved in this one, and they cant give me an Omega as it has a 2.2, not my fault if Vx decided that the XE20 XEV wasn't suitable for this application anymore!

T

·
0 Posts
cipher said:
OMFG!

Just called me back, and they want to offer me a Mondeo, or a Passat!

When will this company learn, Why should I have to take a smaller vehicle, that wouldn't fir my needs because of some dickhead that cant look where he is going!

Enterprise are now invloved in this one, and they cant give me an Omega as it has a 2.2, not my fault if Vx decided that the XE20 XEV wasn't suitable for this application anymore!
Ask for a Hyundia Trajet.....or similiar.....they're big and roomy (just like a meega) plus they got 2ltr engines in em (both petrol and diesel) as engine size seems to be an issue with them.

IMO Passats are fairly large....not quite as big as an omega...but maybe big enough for 3 kiddies seats in the back....so u maybe ok with one of them. Maybe say u'll have one if no other larger car is available but if the 3 seats wont fit in the back when its delivered you'll reject it.

L

·
0 Posts
I had my replacement cars from Enterprise.
Be nice to them, in fact be very nice to them, that helps a lot. ;)

Sometimes shouting is not the best way to achieve what you want. I found that buy being firm but injecting some humour (and bribing the girls at Enterprise with nice tins of biscuits) that I got what I wanted pretty quickly.

By the way, a Merc E Class (they have a couple, trust me! ;)) will be suitable for your needs.
It will fit the 3 seats across the back, is of a similar size, has a 2.2 diesel engine (very good one actually) and is an automatic.

They have to remember, your car is in the "premium" sector, so should be replaced accordingly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts