Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a hard days work (supposed to be in at 1230hrs this afternoon, get a call at 0744hrs asking me to be in by 0800), i thought that the best way to relax would be to come on here for a bit, watch some tv, pop over tescos and get soem grolsch, have a bath, come back on here and chill. Well, i got to the tesco's section of the above and whilst walking around i hear a commotion in the next aisle with someone asking for the first aider. I meander over, not really wanting to get involved (and thats not meant in a nasty way, people who work in the medical trade will understand) but willing to should i have to.
Said first aider comes along and does a quick check but cant seem to decide if the ill person has had either a heart attack, angina or purely fainted and starts to get flustered. This is the point i decide that it would be good for me to get involved so i walk over, let the assistant manager know who i am and do a prelim. Short and curlies are that the gent had suffered a medium type heart attack and required medical attention quite soon. The paramedics turn up approx 5 minutes after my initial intervention and i do a brief handover. As we are getting the elderly gent out into the ambulance, the paramedic says "well done, its nice to see someone remain calm in this kind of situation, who do you work for?"
I tell him jokingly that i am one of the guys who takes all their extra work on when they can't cope to which he had a good laugh, says he would put a good word in with my boss and got the chap onto hospital.
I was about to leave after paying for my beer and the manager came over and handed me a £20 gift voucher which i asked him to give to charity rather than me cos i wanted to go and drink my beer to which he also smiled and let me have the beer for free!
So, here i sit, smiling to myself having a couple of free beers courtesy of the job!! Cheers peeps!

·
Registered
102 Posts
:up: Nice one hun, makes you feel really good about yourself, when you help others. Even better when you get free booze:smile .

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Well deserved mate.

I think we'd all try and do what we could in these situations but it helps if you know what you are doing lol. Rekon the fella will be alright?

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LSI said:
Well deserved mate.

I think we'd all try and do what we could in these situations but it helps if you know what you are doing lol. Rekon the fella will be alright?
yeah, reckon he will be fine. the pro's got there in plenty of time and i just did the first part. After they put him on 100% oxygen in the ambulance, he perked up a bit so alls good hopefully. I am gonna be down the hospital tomorrow at some point so i will quickly pop in and check on him.

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DavesCavCDX said:
now that's what you call job satisfaction, and I don't just mean the beer, well done mate :up:
Nah, did what i did plainly because i know how to. The same if you see someone stranded on the side of the road with something you can fix, you try your best to help them. The beer really made me chill and feel good though lol!

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Top work dude and 20quid to charity :Cool2:

·
I dont fear the Reaper, Reaper fears me
6,869 Posts
Hmmm.... so anyone own a cheap replica ambubbleance ???

Feel a "hustle" coming on :lmao:

R

·
0 Posts
well done nice2 know theres people like u about if it was my grandad id have bought ur beer and took u out on the pi$$

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
did you go thru his pockets?

could have got ya weekly shop for free too. ;)

seriously tho, good job.

remind me to collapse in your local shop. :up:

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mike_bristol83 said:
Hmmm.... so anyone own a cheap replica ambubbleance ???

Feel a "hustle" coming on :lmao:
Funny you should say that as we just scrapped one of our old renault masters (m reg i believe) as it had a fooked headgasket. Engine was a janspeed job as well but the boss is the type that would rather scrap it than repair it lol!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts