Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title currently stripping a donor V6 cdx to go into an SRI.

Tracing loom have found an ECU under a black plastic trim peice on passenger side door sill. Googled part number and came up with ABS ecu. I have ABS on my SRI and wondering why it's not located in the same place or if i have one at all!

Also engine is ready to lift out, have stripped engine bay and found under the battery tray a small unit on a bracket which mine doesn't have. It has a connecter with numerous wires to it. About the size of a match box, metal and doesn't appear to be connected to anything else? Any ideas?

Is it just the engine bay loom i need to swap over or do i need in car loom also, if so all of it or part as there appear to be various connectors on both drivers and passenger side around bonnet pull area.

Thanks in advance, Sam

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
Tracing loom have found an ECU under a black plastic trim peice on passenger side door sill. Googled part number and came up with ABS ecu. I have ABS on my SRI and wondering why it's not located in the same place or if i have one at all!
as yours is a 95, it will have the combined ABS pump and ECU under the bonnet. :Cool2:

Also engine is ready to lift out, have stripped engine bay and found under the battery tray a small unit on a bracket which mine doesn't have. It has a connecter with numerous wires to it. About the size of a match box, metal and doesn't appear to be connected to anything else? Any ideas?
Thats the ignition amplifier... you'll be needing that! ;)

Is it just the engine bay loom i need to swap over or do i need in car loom also
Just the engine loom... :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.