Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Agila 1.5 comfort with central locking .. about a month ago, suddenly I could no longer open the left rear door (not a UK car) from the inside or outside, manually or using the central locking system (using the key or pressing the CL button inside, no remote). Has anyone else experienced this and is there an easy solution to it or will I have to take it into the dealer to get fixed.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Thanks .. no longer under warantee .. Ok its the "take off the panel " part that I'm not sure how to do if you cant open the door at all .. I took it to a local garage and they said you had to have the door open to get the panel off .. something about screws on the side of the door .. any advice there

Thanks ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI,
OK I bit the bullet and took it to an Open dealer.
80£ later, I had the door open. The locking motor seized as Cavmaster suggested. It was this that was blocking the manual mechanism from opening the door. Once the motor was removed, I had 2 options .. Spend 500£ to get a new motor installed and wait 2 weeks or put the door back together and use the manual lock =80£ ..
Problem solved.
Take care .. E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.