Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I’ve a 2012 insignia exclusiv 1796cc. The front parking sensors must be damaged. I can’t get my dealer to sort for a while as I need a courtesy car and the sensor alarm is stuck on continuously until I reach speed. It really stresses me out, is increasingly loud and upsets the children. Is there any way I can disarm them or turn the volume down?
I’ve checked all the buttons on the info centre and I don’t have any options for turning off. My manual also doesn’t tell me which fuse is related to the sensors so I can’t even try taking the fuse out (and also unsure if safe to do so). Is anyone able to help. Alarms while driving are very distracting and stressful but I need to drive this week for work.
Ta

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I’m not a fan of the sensors so would be perfectly happy to disarm them completely, do without and save myself the money for dealer to fix. I park on a driveway and find the feature of not being able to turn off the alarm when I get close to my house in order to park really annoying, even when it’s not broken.

·
1,647 Posts
Hi first off thanks for the pic but I don’t see a parking button on there , so it looks like they may be after market ones and that’s good if they are as most just have the unit behind the centre console or glove box so easy to get to and if they are visionx then they may have a button tucked in there with them , either way if you can find the controller that all the wires go to you can just unplug the buzzer one , you will have a unit for the front and a second for the rear they work separate so don’t worry about disconnecting the front if they are factory fitted then this page should show you where to look , https://vauxhall.7zap.com/en/car/g09/q/5/3-0/ , but I don’t think you have this as you don’t have the buttons in your car , all the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts