Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the title might seem funny, but long story short, one day while my car was parked, somebody got the ingenious idea to dance on the hood of my car, slightly denting the hood on 4 places, and there are subtle but clear foot/shoe prints now on my hood. Now of course these marks are somewhat deep, as they did not disappear after pressure washing the vehicle.

Does anybody know any products that he/she could recommend on how I could remove these "stains" from my hood at home, or should I even bother doing it myself, and just go to a professional shop to get it polished and such?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

P.s: Please excuse me if I posted the thread in the wrong channel!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey all, the title might seem funny, but long story short, one day while my car was parked, somebody got the ingenious idea to dance on the hood of my car, slightly denting the hood on 4 places, and there are subtle but clear foot/shoe prints now on my hood. Now of course these marks are somewhat deep, as they did not disappear after pressure washing the vehicle.

Does anybody know any products that he/she could recommend on how I could remove these "stains" from my hood at home, or should I even bother doing it myself, and just go to a professional shop to get it polished and such?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

P.s: Please excuse me if I posted the thread in the wrong channel!
If they are dents they may pull pull out. If scratches they may polish out, depends how deep and if through clearcoat.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are dents they may pull pull out. If scratches they may polish out, depends how deep and if through clearcoat.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I will give it a shot, and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

If the scratch disappears when you wet it then it may buff out with T-Cut or G3, if its metallic make you get the correct T-Cut as the none Metallic one just brings the silver out in the paint.

There is a little trick you can do, if the dent isnt to bad get some glue sticks from a hot glue gun, heat the end of the sticks up say about 4 depending on size of dent (Use a lighter or naked flame to soften the glue) while they are soft stick them in the dent hold till the glue goes hard, some of the heat will transfer in to the metal and should make it a bit easier to pull the dent out by pulling the glue sticks, they will just pull off with a bit of pressure, then repeat if needs be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the Forum

If the scratch disappears when you wet it then it may buff out with T-Cut or G3, if its metallic make you get the correct T-Cut as the none Metallic one just brings the silver out in the paint.

There is a little trick you can do, if the dent isnt to bad get some glue sticks from a hot glue gun, heat the end of the sticks up say about 4 depending on size of dent (Use a lighter or naked flame to soften the glue) while they are soft stick them in the dent hold till the glue goes hard, some of the heat will transfer in to the metal and should make it a bit easier to pull the dent out by pulling the glue sticks, they will just pull off with a bit of pressure, then repeat if needs be.
Thank for the reply, yeah I have already ordered a dent remover from Amazon, tried it once, I think the dents are doable, but needs a bit more time to make them disappear, I will do my best to remove the footmarks, thanks for your recommendation, will give it a shot.

·
12,756 Posts
I've got handprints all over mine, courtesy of the little darlings down the road who had suntan lotion on their hands. Apparently baby oil is supposed to shift it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got handprints all over mine, courtesy of the little darlings down the road who had suntan lotion on their hands. Apparently baby oil is supposed to shift it.
Woah, that sound funny, nevertheless I will also try my luck with that, thanks!

·
12,756 Posts
Should have said that baby oil is supposed to remove sun tan hand prints from metallic paint. No idea if it works on non metallic paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts