1 - 21 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you get for your money?
Access to the Club Only Area
Access to attend shows and club events
Member welcome pack with a number of discounts (see below)

The members pack includes:
A welcome letter
VxON goodies such as stickers, keyrings, tax disc holders and pens (subject to stock)

Discount wise we get various discounts from the following companies (please bear in mind that the discounts do vary from company to company):
Total Vauxhall Magazine Subscription
LMF Vauxhall
Chris Knott Insurance Services
V-Tuning
Roose Motorsport
Camskill Tyres
The RAC
Raid HP
Performance Motor Care
Diesel Tuning UK

Philosophy of the Club
To be run on a NON Profit basis, and to be open with its members, the club accounts are published on a 'as when we can' basis, so far in the first year people have seen 3 sets of books showing the state of the finances.

What does your joining fee pay for?
Our web hosting, as we are on a dedicated server system. The items that go into your member packs, and the stationary required to send out show tickets etc. None of the club staff take any salary out of the club account. Public Liability Insurance so our members are covered at shows.

How quickly will I get my member pack?
We endeavour to send welcome packs on or around the 1st and the 15t of every month. However, sometimes this can take longer if we are waiting on supplies that contribute to your member pack.

Can I buy any merchandise?
Yes, the VxON shop is coming soon!

How Prominent are VxON at shows
We have attended the Performance Vauxhall Show with 30 cars on display in 2005 and 55 in 2006. At Trax in 2005 we showed 40 cars and in 2006 45 cars. We also attended the VBOA Rally at Billing Aquadrome in 2006 with a total of 30 cars on show over the weekend (we were limited by the event organisers for this one), we have attended the Castle Combe Action Day and Eurofest in 2006 with many members taking their cars around the track. We have also organised 2 Rolling Road Days of which one was published in Total Vauxhall magazine.

We are also trying out the ideas of regular regional meets. There have been plenty of successful ones organised so far, and many more to come.

Photos of all the events that have taken place can be found by clicking here

How do I join?
We accept payment via PayPal by clicking here, if you do not have a PayPal account you can still join by paying via credit or debit card using the PayPal link above.

Extra Information
When you join please make sure that the details that are attached to your PayPal payment are correct as this is where the welcome packs are sent, and these details are the ones used for the club database. If you are using a friend's/partner's PayPal account then please PM the club staff and they will amend the details. Please also read the original proposal so you can see how we started this all and how we intend to run the club for the future.

·
Likes this.
11,037 Posts
even if my car is pretty much standard ;)
Yep, mine is bog standard apart from a K&N Panel filter and has been like that for the (almost) five years I've owned it - but it's been on the club stand at shows many times :Cool2:

·
Yawn.
13,800 Posts
How do i pay via visa debit, or do i have to set up pay pal ?
To Pay without a Paypal account;

1 - Click the Link in the opening post;

2 - This takes you to your User Control Panel - here you will see the following - select your desired subscription and then click Order - you will get directed to a similar page, and then click the Order button again (not pictured)

3 - This redirects you to Paypal, where you will see the following - click the link outlined, and then it forwards to your data input and from there should be fairly self explanatory

Hope this helps :up:

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
I joined many years ago, probably round 2002. Paid my money, got nothing........Have things improved then?

Considering the club started late 2005 if find it unlikely, plus I know for damn sure that if I "Paid my money, got nothing" that I would have chased it..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mark,
Was vauxhall owners club, presumed (wrongly) this was the same people. I did chase it to an empty phone number for many weeks and faxed them.

So u guys started 2005........may consider joining then as it appears u have nothing to do with the buggers that took my cash! Cheers.

·
Yawn.
13,800 Posts
Mark,
Was vauxhall owners club, presumed (wrongly) this was the same people. I did chase it to an empty phone number for many weeks and faxed them.

So u guys started 2005........may consider joining then as it appears u have nothing to do with the buggers that took my cash! Cheers.
Hiya

As far as I'm aware, we've never had a phone or fax number either as ours is all done online

But also agree with Mark in that the dates are way out! :)

Anyway, welcome, and hopefully you have a better experience now!

·
Yawn.
13,800 Posts
is this still running? free stickers etc etc when joining and being able to come to shows with my sexy astra?
Yes.

Free URL Stickers and discounted entry to shows when you attend with the Club

Plus, Vauxhall Trade Club discount amongst others...

:)

1 - 21 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.