Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
28,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These instructions should be pretty much the same for any canbus compatible Vauxhall model from 2002 onwards. If there is any difference on your model please let me know and Ill update this thread. BTW you will require a compatible clutch and brake switch before you start (as well as cruise control stalk) so look here to make sure you have them:
http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?249896-Cruise-Control-Brake-and-Clutch-Switch-locations-(with-pictures)

From the main menu select diagnostics

At vehicle identification menu select year, and on the next page select model.

At the next page select Engine, and at next page engine code.

Press programming button.

Program variant configuration.
Change the 'not present' cruise control to 'present' then press 'Perform coding
go back and close down 'Engine' options and engine code windows.

In system description select 'body'

select 'IPC ECU'
select 'programming'
select program variant configuration
enter 4 digit security code
keep pressing next until you come to the option 'cruise control' and change 'not' present to present.
press 'program' and select yes.
press 'back' then 'back' then 'close'

enter 'CIM' and press next until you get to 'Country Code' Select Great Britain.
Press program, select yes and then back, back and close.

Enter REC and select 'programming and then 'Program Variant Configuration'
Enter code
Turn 'Windows comfort closing from not present to present and then press program

When you have finished activating your cruise control you might as well enable the speed dependant Vauxhall Auto locking / Anti Hijacking by looking at this thread:

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?207580-Vauxhall-Auto-locking-Anti-Hijacking

Tags: Vectra, Insignia, Astra, activating, enabling cruise control with opcom, comfort window closing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
These instructions should be pretty much the same for any canbus compatible Vauxhall model from 2002 onwards. If there is any difference on your model please let me know and Ill update this thread. BTW you will require a compatible clutch and brake switch before you start (as well as cruise control stalk) so look here to make sure you have them:
http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?249896-Cruise-Control-Brake-and-Clutch-Switch-locations-(with-pictures)

select 'IPC ECU'
select 'programming'
keep pressing next until you come to the option 'cruise control' and change 'not' present to present.

enter 'CIM' and press next until you get to 'Country Code' Select Great Britain.

Enter code
Turn 'Windows comfort closing from not present to present and then press program

When you have finished activating your cruise control you might as well enable the speed dependant Vauxhall Auto locking / Anti Hijacking by looking at this thread:

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?207580-Vauxhall-Auto-locking-Anti-Hijacking

Tags: Vectra, Insignia, Astra, activating, enabling cruise control with opcom, comfort window closing.
Cracking guide - just done it to my Zafira - hardest part was working out what tool I needed to undo the screw in the bottom of the steering column shroud - it's a T20 or T25 torx bit if anyone else struggles - well it was on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, just been reading your instructions for the cruise control and they are really useful. Just one thing i have located the clutch switch in my car (astra 1.6 petrol design) but it only has two wires going into it and i read somewhere it needs 4? can you have a look at my picture below or just tell me if you think it will work with the two wires? I have already ordered the stalk but don't want to pay for a tech 2 if i know its not going to work.

http://www.tmc-direct.com/clutch.jpg

Kind regards
Alex

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, Am in need of definite yes or no as to whether this (adding cruise control) can be done to a corsa C prefacelift 1.2 SXi with a Z12XE engine,
or indeed if any member/friends of members have done this to this model corsa.
We're still trying to find confirmation on the corsa C website but as yet nobody attempted/successfully done so to this model.

All help/advice genuinely apprreciated as I have mobility problems and am looking to fit to my car as helps on even medium trips, or those that I clarify as
medium length journeys.

MT,
Spencer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I select "body" there is no IPC/ECU tab. Is there a reason for this or could it need a different cim?

To add, mine is a 2007 veccy 3.0 cdti ex police. I've retro fitted the cruise stalk.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update,

I have Vectra Auto, 07 plate and have retro fitted cruise successfully now. I bought a stalk from ebay, did not need and pedal switches. Just programmed with opcom. Need security code to enter BODY/IMMOBILIZER and activate cruise in there as well as ENGINE/ Program variant config.

Just shot down road and cruise works.

If anybody needs a detailed list of instructions then please ask and I'll re run the process in my car to give accurate info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just done this to my 2008 1.8 Auto Estate, Z18XER.
Windows work. Cruise Control works and dash indicator lights up to say it's on. Not tried the speed dependent locking yet.
I had an additional 'Cruise Control Present' under the 'CIM' menu that obviously needed to be set.

OPCOM software was a PITA to get going 1st time round but I went off, had a walk round the garden and convinced it to cooperate on the 3rd try. I find I needed to get software up and running and then plug the usb cable in or it gives a comms fault.

Many thanks for all the informative posts above.

·
Registered
1 Posts

select 'IPC ECU'
select 'programming'

Enter code

Hi mate do you know where I can find my engine code, 4 digit security code or my car pass? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm trying to enable the cruise control on my Vauxhall Omega 2.2 CD 2003 but I have a problem. The 'IPC ECU' menu doesn't show in my software. I am using op.com Version: OPCOM 100219 (Latest stable release) and Firmware: V1.45. I have enabled the cruise control in the engine menu but when it came to the body menu I don't have the IPC ECU option in the list.

How do I enable cruise control?

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
It works a treat. Thanks you

It it possible to to enable comfort window closing on the Vauxhall omega 2003?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to report: this procedure worked well for me. Zafira B 1.8 Easytronic Semi Automatic. 06 plate.

Bought the required stalk and installed (make sure you have a long pointy thing ... the small allen key I tried originally was not long enough to pop the catch on the original stalk to remove it).

Had to fight to remove the port cover below the gear stick. It was just stiff and came off eventually. Revved up Op-Com (China Clone 08/2010) and made the exact changes from the first post of this thread .... with one small exception. When I went into do the CIM Change (Country code) I noticed an additional 'Cruise Control' setting in there which was disabled. I enabled it.

I have only taken the car for a short run so far but everything seems to be functioning identically to how it did when I enable Cruise on my Zafira A.

I am not sure whether I needed to enable Cruise in my CIM settings but thought I would mention it here in case anyone else was having problems.

Note also that it is not enough just to enable cruise in the Engine programming, as is stated in some other guides (including a PDF apparently from Op Com). You need to do the IPC ECU and CIM too. At least on the Model I described above.

·
Zafria Club B Type 06 Plate 1.8 16v
141 Posts
What does the comfort closing windows part do to the vehicle please? Using the opcom should i be able to reactivate my auto door locking, plus seat belt reminder beep, which only stopped since it went in for Blower recall

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.