Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I like 'em; how much would I be looking at for a mint one, more or less original?

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
For a mint one these days, more like £3500+

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah for a mint one you are looking at around £3500 there are deals out there to be had but the cav turbo is fastly becoming a rare car very limited numbers left and people are cottoning on to this so watch out as the prices will rise. once you buy one the cost doesnt stop there ask any cav turbo owner and they will tell you the running costs on them are high....But well worth it matey

·
15,300 Posts
LOL running costs are not high unless you abuse/neglect it or are very young and getting hammered on insurance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
LOL running costs are not high unless you abuse/neglect it or are very young and getting hammered on insurance!

lol fella its a cav turbo you cant help but abuse them, and there so many modifications you can do to get more power (thus increasing fuel costs) transfer boxes are prone to failure as with some of the other parts... even the best loked after cav turbo will have cost its owners quite a bit matey

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
As said really- £2,000 will buy you an honest, useable motor that needs a little work. £3,000+ buys well looked after minters with plenty of history. Anything around £1,000 will more than likely be broken up for spares but bargains do appear now and again

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
i payed £1800 for mine which i thought was cheap a few weeks ago its not mint but its tidy for year! it has needed a bit of tlc mechanically but nothing other than service items, a few hoses and oil seals but its fine now! dest is right though it isnt really any more expensive to maintain than my old xe the insurance is abiit more but i only have 1 years ncb! do it mate even a minter is worth the money as theyre becoming rarer and its such a nice car to own/drive! :cool:

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cost isn't really a problem TBH. I don't like the ebay one, but I've seen pics of Tidzy's and that looks good. I just want a second car for fun, I'm not overly keen on cavs but I like the turbo.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
If i decided to spend the money i'd be looking for a lotus carlton first but i still like the cav turbo.

·
15,300 Posts
lol fella its a cav turbo you cant help but abuse them, and there so many modifications you can do to get more power (thus increasing fuel costs) transfer boxes are prone to failure as with some of the other parts... even the best loked after cav turbo will have cost its owners quite a bit matey

I meant abuse as in neglect, not service properly, not do the nessessary to keep the TXB happy etc.
I think I can happily say mine was one of the best in the country and it never let me down one single time, nor was expensive to run or unreliable.
It was 280bhp and driven hard

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The cav looks better VFM IMO. I was looking around at more expensive cars for playtime, like the MG SV, but I simply can't justify it with a company car and living in London.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
In that case then its a shame I so far away from Dorset! If its still for sale could you get me some pics and info?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts