Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local garage after work and asked how much the abs sensors are. He said bring the car in and i will have a look, he wouldnt tell me. I dont want him to have a look. Im not machanicly minded but is it easy enough to check if there ok by myself? If so where are they located, what do they look like and how do you tell if there broke? Thanks :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the brakes are pulsating when im braking and then stops when the abs light comes on. Ive spoke about it in the abs thread and some reckon it could be a circular ring in the cv joint or something, but i want to check the sensors before i start with the cv joint.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
they are located behind the brake disk's mate the cv joint's have a ring on them,the abs sensor's read vehicle speed from the ring's

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
not sure what you can tell by just looking at them,could just be dirty pick up's or dirt in the ring's,petrol to clean the abs sensors and a wire brush for the ring's

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Pulsating brake pedals when braking are usually down to warped discs,unless you a locking the wheels with heavy braking.
If you want to feel the ABS working,find a bit of road with a grass verge,drive the nearside wheels up on this and whack the brakes on,then you will feel the pedal kick as the ABS fights the unequal braking forces between the wheels on the grass and those on the tarmac,it makes a noise as well.Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.