Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been day dreaming about a few cars ive owned throughout the years ( a lot LOL )

Yes the good old viva hc . :lmao:

Easy engine to work on , rear wheel drive , plenty of them in the scrapper to keep yours on the road with.

But them inner wings & sills were made to rust.

I miss my old viva's they were fun and cheap to run , a fiver got you southport & back, and you could even nick the girlfriends tights if your fan belt went...

The Magnum variation were the best looking of the bunch though with the big vx's 2.3 & 2.8 engines...
they were fast as well..

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
I had a metalic green 2.3 Magnum, 1972 K reg if my memory serves me correctly.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Just been day dreaming about a few cars ive owned throughout the years ( a lot LOL )

Yes the good old viva hc . :lmao:

Easy engine to work on , rear wheel drive , plenty of them in the scrapper to keep yours on the road with.

But them inner wings & sills were made to rust.

I miss my old viva's they were fun and cheap to run , a fiver got you southport & back, and you could even nick the girlfriends tights if your fan belt went...

The Magnum variation were the best looking of the bunch though with the big vx's 2.3 & 2.8 engines...
they were fast as well..
was ther anything good about them, they were soft rusty things.:lmao:

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Yes..

Ive never owned one, but an old mate did, and it was a minter too. 1 owner it was, and all i remember, well, what sticks out in my mind was how much space there was under the bonnet:lmao:

·
Registered
94 Posts
There was so much space under the bonnet you could actually get into the engine bay with the engine to remove it :)

The chassis on mine rusted away after three engines and two gearboxes.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Ahh, the Macc Lads' favourite.................

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Pop quiz - last Vauxhall to bear the Viva name?

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh the great VIVA! i used to help build em at luton.
we used to have great fun on nightshift as i worked in retification we could go and get any part we wanted from anywhere in the plant.
one of the best ones we did was to put a 2300 cf van engine and box in a viva that had been slightly damaged by a lorry and then we drove around the plant with no wings or lights boy oh boy did that shift, but you,r right about them crossply's we were then approached by the r&d boy's to see what we had done i think this had something to do with the chevette 2300 that later emerged although i think they put proper tyres on them (the rear tyre's on chevette 2300 where huge for the time)
we used to have a ha van with the rear panels cut off for general dogsbody work that was a hoot as well

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
The Droop Snoot was my favorite from that era though have to say!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts