Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Atlantean said:
Most cars built since the early eighties have mirrors attached to the doors, not the wing. So why do people keep looking for Cavalier, Astra etc. Wing Mirrors? :shake
I always thought we had door mirrors although some jap imports do come with wing mirrors.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
its just what our parents and grandparents always called em. lol.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
It's just a turn of phrase.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Danboy22uk said:
Thats because back then they were on the wings............time to get with the times now I think.
:Cool2: Yep! And yes, some Jap cars still do have wing mirrors along with door mirrors!

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
I still call them ' wing mirrors ' just been brought up with it I spose .

·
VxON Insane
1,425 Posts
plus if you go to a scrappy and ask them if they have got any cav door mirrors most of them would give you a funny look scratch there head and say " i don't think we have got any of them mate " thats why imo

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kingrod said:
plus if you go to a scrappy and ask them if they have got any cav door mirrors most of them would give you a funny look scratch there head and say " i don't think we have got any of them mate " thats why imo
:eh Really? TBH I don't think I have ever heard anyone call a door mirror a wing mirror - other than on here!

I do know if I went to a scrappy and asked for a wing mirror they would probably come back with some little round thing off a Morris Minor or something equally as old :lmao:

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
I didn't see the point in starting a new thread and rememberd this one .

Ebay call them ' wing ' mirrors as just listed one . :mmmm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts