Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The answer is 4 with.my car. 1st mechanic didn't fit clip properly when I had new turbo boodt pipe fitted so had loss of power again. Took it to a garage needed 2 mechanics to fit as they said it was a bit fiddly. that was 2 days ago. Drove about 250.miles and came off again as lost power again.Called RAC and he managed to get it on but needed my help. He reckons the genuine turbo boost pipe comes with a new modified clip and reckons the 1st mechanic probably kept it and fitted the old clip.not sure about this does anyone know.

·
Premium Member
14,155 Posts
The new pipe does come with a modified clip, the old clip looks like a normal jubilee clip, the modified one needs to be rotated into the correct position to lock the pipe to the intercooler, it is a fiddly job and can take more then 1 attempt to get right IF you never done one before but a test drive will usually pop it off if its not right, once in the right place it wont come off when under full boost, .. which clip does your pipe have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andy, the clip has 2 nuts on to tighten and yes we had to rotate it to clip in was really fiddly. Touchwood so far so good but only done about 70 mile since we fitted it. Thanks for reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts