Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted about this soo many times but now its gone step further, well mebbies two.
52 reg astra 1.6 8v, constant creaking noise letting the clutch out, juddering when the car is drove off from cold, related? reg vardy dont know or care, theyve looked at it, dont know whats wrong but told me i need to pay for the clutch if its that deemed faulty, had car 6 months, done 7000 miles in it, 27000 on clock. ive spoke to reg vardy head office and now raised a case with Vauxhall UK and they are taking a look at it from here. i cant get through to them to ask this, but do they charge to look at the car? theyve told me to take it to a vauxhall dealership n not reg vardy? any idea what the fault could be? cheers guys

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
my cav used to do this before i put a clutch in it and as far as i can gather the judder ws plate misalignment, but that was only a guess, it only did it from cold. can you make the clutch slip at all? the creaking could be the pedal spring.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
without soundin like a right prat, how do i make it slip, got no mechanical kno how lol
I think you will find that a clutch is more inclined to slip in a high gear. Try pulling (the car accelerating, that is!) in a high gear and see (hear) if the engine revs are consistent with car speed i.e. they don't rise without a corresponding increase in car speed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it doesnt slip, just when the car is cold its really hard to drive smoothly, its always jumpin about or judderin first thing after its been stood n cooled down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts