Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I floored my car on the bypass today and though to myself that it was a little sluggish, I put this down to having a full tank of petrol, When I got home I noticed one of the multi ram vacume pipes had come unattached from the intake pipes so i plugged it back in. all seems well again.

This got me thinking on how do you test weather the valves are working or not. Can you do it with the car stationary and just rev the engine?

Cheers

Dan.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
When I rev my car directly from under the bonnet I can see the little servo on the multi ram move. I'd call that a very basic check!

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JasonH said:
When I rev my car directly from under the bonnet I can see the little servo on the multi ram move. I'd call that a very basic check!

Thats what I needed to know, I shall have a look tomorrow.

Thanks

Dan.

L

·
0 Posts
You can see no.2 valve work easily enough, the one on the front. It opens higher up the rev range.

No.1 is the one sitting on the back of the plenum and gives the assistance low down. That is more difficult to monitor.

You can of course get a vacuum gauge that will confirm the system is good. Useful little device that Mark demonstrated to me some time back. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts