·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Invest in an HID kit, maybe 6000K H7 High/Low

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
lenny_gn said:
dont they have to be self leveling to be legal?
only on original fit not on upgrade apparently, I'm looking at them for the Zed as the standard headlight are so poor they should be illegal

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Just how much do you want to spend to get how much improvement in your lights?

The HID lights will be the best part of £200. I have got some, still to be fitted from www.hids4u.co.uk and he is very helpfull to deal with. They put out a lot of light and look a cool colour. Alignment must be right!

For less money use the Philips 50% better lights, forgotten the proper name at about £14. They do perform better, I have them in the cally (compared to that you have fantastic lights! For a bit more light put the dipped beam on a fused relay fed straight from the battery.

Alternately for about the same money you can use the Halfords high power 110/90 or 80 bulbs again with a relay. Strictly speaking you should not use them on the road but as long as they are aligned ok no-one will care.

Edit: Just reread the thread and realised its a Cally so you got really crap lights. Not a lot you can do really apart from HIDS. Even with the brighter 55w Halogen/xenon bulbs they are still not good. You can't put 100watt halogen in the dipped/fogs because they are too hot for the lenses. Still single filament HIDs are cheaper than H4 for your dipped beam and you can put 100 watt in the main beam, but the standards are not too bad. The 6000k bulbs Micky mentioned look really good.

·
22,199 Posts
Ive had 30% brighter Halfords bulbs in my Cally, and they made an improvement, now ive got Osram SilverStar 50% brigher bulbs in, and they are even better...from here www.powerbulbs.com

I know what you mean though, not the best lights in the world...its due to the actual design of the light unit itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts