Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i was to find an omega with the hid's in a scrap yard would they just s*** over to another that dosent have them? i already have the projector head lights with the clear glass which i think they have. i know about washer jets for them but some after market ones dont have these jets and they seem to work ok.im guessing the n/s would be a tight fit for the ballast pack but it must fit as some cars have them anyway.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
the factory fit HIDs have the ballast mounted to the bottom of the unit, there is then a short thick cable (looks like a spark plug lead) to the bulb unit - I think slightly different to the projector type units. Not sure as mine has the HIDs so can only go with what I've seen to date!

The connector to the ballast does not look like it would fit on the bottom of a light bulb of any sort so I guess you'd need to bodge, erm I mean adapt, that too ...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i got the complete light units and simply swapped them over would there need to be different wiring put in place from the light switch as the ones i have now have the adjustable height where i thought HIDs have auto leveling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts