Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been lurking for a week after buying a 1004 L reg 2.5td Omega with 120K on the clock. I read with great interest the views of a few others on the BMW lump. I do have to say though that it is one of the smoothest diesels I have driven and I have driven a fair few.

One problem I noticed upon purchasing this vehicle is that the ABS light is constantly illuminated and upon doing a service today, (Oil, air and fuel filters), I noticed that the N/S/F ABS sensor is more or less non-existent. It had been partially ripped out. So I am obviously going to have to replace this. Can anyone please confirm that that the sensor would be the same as the petrol variants?

Also I need to get the plug off to check the gearbox fluid but unfortunately it seems that one of the former owners has rounded it off so I can't use my hex socket. Anyone have any ideas how I can now get this off please apart from welding a nut or otherwise as I have no welder.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Welcome DC3.

The ABS sensor will be same across engine variants. ABS light on is an MOT failure, so does need doing.

There are some special ttols for removing rounded nuts, but don't know what they are called. Hopefully someone will pop along with the proper name for them, or just go into you local toolshop and ask :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome chap!! I must point out that it isn't a nut, it is the auto box filler plug which uses a 6mm hex bit to remove.

C

·
0 Posts
Could try an imperial size, or a 7mm if the plug is soft enough to give?
Cut a straight line in it and use a big flat head screwdriver?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts