Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Am new here, Hope everyone is ok

I have got a problem with my Vauxhall Astra (1.8s, 1999, 16v)

Basically when the car is STATIONARY the revomeeter is going up in its own and at the same time the speedo increases and decreases.
To confuse things more, while this is happening the Traction Control indicator keeps on flashing and there is a noise coming from what I think is the engine or under there.
The car only does this at random, and only when its stationary. As soon as I move off, its Bobs Your Uncle.

Has anyone experieced a similiar problem or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thank you

·
Geriatric petrol-head
3,012 Posts
Faulty ABS front sensors will cause the symptoms you have on the speedometer and Traction Control Light.

Clean the sensors and sensor ring - start saving, they're integral with the front hub assembly so not cheap to replace.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what does the abs sensor an sensor ring look like do u have any pics? my abs light is on aswell.. not good causing my spedo not to work at times too.. how much are the to replace??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.