Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. just joined today. bought a vecta v6sri 1999. great car really pleased. very quick and seems to handle well. one prob. when i try to accelerate in high gear at 2000-4000 rpm seems very flat ie strggling big time. once i clear 4000 rpm somthing clicks and it away like a bullet. any suggestions. i dont wanna rev the guts out it all the time. cheers

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
i think most v6 vectras suffer from this flat spot,i think its to do with the fuel pressure regulator (fpr)

i found this

"I have changed the 3 FPR to a 3.8 FPR, also changed the 2 A cams to 2 G cams (now running 4 G cams) and it seems to have done the flatspot for me".

and this

"Standard airbox with cold air feed will give your engine more cool air than the induction kit.
3.8 bar fpr is only £18 from Vauxhall."

·
Registered
301 Posts
thx for that. was reading other forums and they seem to point to fitting iridium plugs and 8-10mm leads. any comments. how easey is fpr to fit?
pointless and massively over spec'd plugs, i'd use ( and do ;)) ngk bkr6ek's, and a good set of leads, but beware because a leaking rocker gasket can kill a set of leads, worth checking this before you go any further, also a good service inc fuel filter, and clean out the throttle body, re align your throttle cable to ensure max travel, and also clean the air flow meter with carb cleaner, and reset the ecu, by disconnecting the battery overnight. All very cheap to do and got to be worth a punt ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.