Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, thought I had solved this problem but looks like it has partially come back.
When I got the car it was having a really bad hesitation problem after about 15mins of driving and would sometimes cut out when pulling up to a stop.
There was no ECU light though so having read about the possible causes on here I swapped out the old AFM for another and ended up making things so bad I triggered the ECU light. I made sure the light stayed on for well over a minute then got the codes read, they came up as follows:
P0130 - o2 sensor
P0335 - RPM signal
P0403 - EGR valve
I dont know how old some of these codes were but the symptoms seemed to suggest that the EGR was the most likely candidate, so got a proper blanking plate, fitted it and it drove a million times better.
Sadly it seems that after about half an hour of driving a very slight hesitation has come back, nowhere near as harsh as it was but still noticeable so it needs sorting.
Could either of the two other codes be causing this or should I be looking at maybe the CTS or some other sensor? I certainly wont be spending a fortune on new parts just on the offchance they help but at the same time I appreciate that without any new fault codes it is a bit like guesswork.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
What year is it? On SOME pre 2000 cars it is possible to erase the fault codes by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, however this method is pretty hit or miss. Of course make sure you have the radio code before trying this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts