Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - just bought a 2001 Vauxhall Agila 1.0
The garage I bought the car from had the Agila MOT'd last week and I collected it on Saturday. Now I know there is not much padding around the engine area especially round the dashboard but the engine seems very loud - it's like loose tappets sound, other than that the car goes really well.
Has anyone got any ideas or has come across this problem before? I have been told that it could be the oil is the wrong grade, the spark plugs etc etc
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
1.0 is 3 cylinder 12 valve engine, I think.
They generally run a bit noisier than you might expect, from what others have commented in the past.
Engine noise is quite subjective, and describing how loud it is or should be can be very difficult. Did you get a warranty? If you really think it's too loud maybe get another garage to have a listen. You could be cheeky and go to another dealer selling one and have a listen to that to give some point of reference.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Timing chain would cost roughly £350 including parts - just done one - we replaced the whole lot - cam and crank sprokets - all tensioners and guides - sounds so sweet now - i estimate labour to be around the £200
cheers
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.