Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cavweb T Shirt Seller
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I know summer is well and truly over.

My car (1993 Cavalier 1.8i GLS 5 door hatch) appears to have acquired a puddle of water that is localised at the feet of the driver side rear passenger. There appears to be no water elsewhere within the car, and and the other feet spaces are dry. I'm guessing that somewhere a pipe has been blocked/burst and subsequently dripping/leaking water into the cabin on the drivers side. Can anyone confirm/disprove my theory and give me some suitable pointers as to what pipes or drains are running in that area of this car?

Regards,

Ed

·
Registered
45 Posts
in both my cavs iv owned i come across the problem of water, does it dry up and then go wet after its rained?? i found out that the main drainage that drains the water away from under the bonnet was blocked, so wen it rained the water off the windscreen filled up then overflowed into the car through the blower. once i cleaned it out it never happened again.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Long time no see Eddie, how you doing mate? You checked the common troublesome area's.? Elephant trunk under the scuttle panel etc.?

·
Cavweb T Shirt Seller
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey micky, I don't even know where the common troublesome areas are :$ :'( Shows how much I know about my car despite owning it for 4 years now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts