Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for bad typing earlier my woman is back now sohopefully you can all understand car has been in garage today for rocker gasket dont think the guys at garage had worked on the 2.6 v6 engine before because now i have electrical failiure light on all time and wont go out there is a wire with a plug not plugged in at the rear of engine and nobody seems to know where its from dont know if it will cause problems with engine hope not have lost confidence in cars and mechanics can anyone help or point me in the direction of somebody who works on these engines and actually knows what they are talking about just want peace of mind and hassle free driving thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Orange light I presume? If so engine management light, and on due to the sensor being disconnected. What shape/type of connector is it, number of pins etc ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
orange light

yes it is an orange light but not engine management light its the one with the car and spanner and the plug is a female plug looks like it needs a male to clip into

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds like it is the management light.
Basically need to look for clues as to where it locates - length of cable, signs of the cable being clipped on somewhere, and around engine for likely sensors sticking out somewhere.
Really hard to say more than that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
When you change the rocker gaskets you have to remove the plenum chamber and that has an electrical connector that is for the rear multiram you have to remove.

It sound like thats the one, It fits onto the rear right of the plenum ,, Hrad to find but its there.

R

·
0 Posts
Take the car straight back and demand a hire car until they fix the fault. Why should you fix their problem? Muppets.

C

·
0 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:
Take the car straight back and demand a hire car until they fix the fault. Why should you fix their problem? Muppets.
There is that of course, but you shouldn't really drive it with the em light on.
Could get them to come to you I suppose, foc of course.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would take it back if i had confidence they knew what they were on about might get more problems if i itake it back

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
There are only a few connectors at the rear.

1) Crank sensor....if this wasn't connected then it wouldn't run
2) Coil pack....as above, running on three cylinders would be obvious.
3) Injectors....wouldn't run at!!!
4) Carbon canister purge valve.....no big issue and is just left of centre (two pins), doesn't need disconnecting to change cam cover gasket.
5) Coolant temp sensor....would make it run rich all the time, two pins and again doesn't need disconnecting for this job.
6) Temp gauge sender, single connection, temp gauge would not be working, as above shouldn't have been disconnected.
7) Rear multiram connector, two pin, black, fits into a connector at the rear of the plenum (large metal section with ECOTEC written on it).

Its number 7 where my money would be....how many pins does it have?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is black wire with black square plastic surround female plug with 2 pins that need connecting is situated at right of plenum as stood in front of car hope thats enough info

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that might be a stupid question does anyone have a diagram of where it plugs into as have had a look and cant see anything and does plenum need to come off to fit thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can see the part you are talking about but looks like the male part may have been snapped off does it connect to the plenum ie the male part and the female part is on a seperate lead and also do you know of any probs if not connected

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sorry this may sound a bit duff, but have a look at the pictures in:

http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70989

Juast making sure that the connectore your are talking about is NOT the connector in the pic, which we all seem to agree does not need to be connected anywhere....

If it is, then this is bad news because it means that we can't simply blame the EM light on the un-plugged connector.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cheers for picture its not that connector think its def the multiram connector but looks like male part has been snapped off the back of the plenum does anyone know if its bad news if not connected thanks rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts