Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Insignia cdti 2.0 2012
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP please! Told its only in need of a dpf pressure sensor po2453 and shown on a cheap £10 scanner but has a list of Fault codes for mass airflow, glow plugs 1 + 2 with sensors, crankshaft wheel after using my mates laptop software.

Blimey what have i bought

Do they all need changing or is one causing the others?

Been told all sorts from scrap it to its just the dpf sensor

Car is in limp mode, 63k on the clock excellent condition 2.0 cdti elite model with all bells and whistles.

Any help in the right direction will be appriciated. Cheers

I have the said dpf sensor easy to fit but told it needs resetting?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
You’ll need a better code reader than that orange peril. I would clear the codes with a decent code reader and start again. You may find some of them codes are historic and not present now. As for the dpf you may need someone to clean it out or do a forced regen on it. Looks like it maybe that you haven’t been allowing it to regen properly. Pull the dipstick out and see if it smells of diesel. If it does then that is one sure way to tell that the regen cycle isn’t completing ie your turning off the car mid-regen. If it does smell of diesel also Chang the oil and I would also look at changing the oil seal in the sump cause that will be another weak point which could make your engine go bang.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
As said above, you need a proper Vauxhall compatible code reader (Opcom or similar). Most generic code readers don't work properly with Vauxhalls, despite how they are advertised.
Clear all the codes, and then see what comes back. The DPF pressure sensor problem could be as simple as a broken or damaged pipe from the exhaust to the sensor, so check carefully before just changing the sensor!
As regards the DPF regeneration, it probably will not regenerate as long as there are outstanding faults, so all faults need rectifying first.
At least you now know why the car was sold!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts