Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Does your Opcom give you an Output Test option in the parking brake module ID page, thats the page where you have the Fault Code tab,etc,...
not to sure of that mate, i am not very clever with tech things, i did take a video but basically it was parking brake status, park brake cable position, park brake cycle counter and park brake calibration status. i would put it on here but dont know how to add a video

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
not to sure of that mate, i am not very clever with tech things, i did take a video but basically it was parking brake status, park brake cable position, park brake cycle counter and park brake calibration status. i would put it on here but dont know how to add a video
Put the video on Youtube and post a link to it here.
not sure if i have done it properly or not, so here goes Video details - YouTube Studio

·
Registered
81 Posts
it sounds like the system thinks its supposed to be at max wear, with you manually winding the pistons back jts getting conflicting information. look for the opcom settings to wind the pistons back, remember to check the brake fluid level before and after as it could also be misread of that data.

·
Premium Member
15,265 Posts
It looks like the parking brake cable position is out of tolerance, what functions do you have under the Programming tab in Opcom Parking brake module.

·
Premium Member
15,265 Posts
There is NO electronic piston wind back required on this system, just release the handbrake, remove pads, wind pistons back with appropriate tool, fit new pads, push footbrake a few times Before applying handbrake. Its that simple.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It looks like the parking brake cable position is out of tolerance, what functions do you have under the Programming tab in Opcom Parking brake module.
i have no programming options at all for parking brake mate

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
There is NO electronic piston wind back required on this system, just release the handbrake, remove pads, wind pistons back with appropriate tool, fit new pads, push footbrake a few times Before applying handbrake. Its that simple.
thats what i done a few month ago mate

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
thats what i done a few month ago mate
also for a stretched cable, would that activate the service parking brake message when i was driving ?, i thought that would only activate once i tried to apply the handbrake. ? thank you for all your help, it really is appreciated mate, thank you

·
Premium Member
15,265 Posts
Ok, i would give the system a good visual check in the morning, if nothing stands out then your going to need someone with MDI and GDS2 to try to recalibrate, if that wont work then as suggested above its probably a mechanical failure of the handbrake module BUT you need to check the whole system first. I would even check both calipers are being applied.
The fault would be noticed when you last applied the handbrake, how quick the system would recognise the fault to put the light on i would'nt know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ok, i would give the system a good visual check in the morning, if nothing stands out then your going to need someone with MDI and GDS2 to try to recalibrate, if that wont work then as suggested above its probably a mechanical failure of the handbrake module BUT you need to check the whole system first. I would even check both calipers are being applied.
The fault would be noticed when you last applied the handbrake, how quick the system would recognise the fault to put the light on i would'nt know.
thank you so much Andy, tomorrow ( if its dry i will get it jacked up and see if i can see anything. if i cant i guess its a trip to the stealers lol as i dont know anyone in my area ( northeast )

·
Registered
2016 Insignia 2.0 cdti Elite Nav
30 Posts
Hi guys just following your posts with interest, I have the online version of a popular manual it says that the electronic handbrake has to be set in the service mode to work on the brakes then adjustment and calibration when finished.

1. Chock the front wheels and place the gear lever in neutral (manual transmission) or PARK (automatic transmission).
  2. Pull the hand brake switch up to apply the handbrake.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position and depress the footbrake.
  4. Press and hold the the handbrake switch down for for approximately 5 seconds.
  5. When a flashing yellow telltale appears on the instrument panel, release the switch, then immediately press and release the switch again.
  6. Turn the ignition off.

1. Chock the front wheels and place the gear lever in neutral (manual transmission) or PARK (automatic transmission).
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position and depress the footbrake.
  3. Briefly lift, then release the handbrake switch to apply the handbrake.
  4. Briefly press, then release the handbrake switch to release the handbrake.
  5. Repeat steps c and d four more times.
  6. Turn the ignition off.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts