Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2014 insignia, i removed the egr and throttle body to clean, when removing the throttle body bottom screw the metal housing came out with it, i never thought much of it until i was putting it back on, i pushed the metal part back in and screwed all bolts back in but the housing wouldnt sit flush due to the metal bit kept just coming back out whilst i was tightning, does anyone know what i could do?, thanks

·
Premium Member
3,398 Posts
Is there room to get a nut on the back of the plastic flange (where the bolt sticks out the back)?
If there is, then remove the brass insert from the bolt (hold it with a mole grips, and unscrew the bolt).
Then refit the throttle body with a flat washer & nut on the back of the flange. You may need a slightly longer bolt.
Don't overtighten the bolts!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there room to get a nut on the back of the plastic flange (where the bolt sticks out the back)?
If there is, then remove the brass insert from the bolt (hold it with a mole grips, and unscrew the bolt).
Then refit the throttle body with a flat washer & nut on the back of the flange. You may need a slightly longer bolt.
Don't overtighten the bolts!
Ill give it a try thank you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Superglue hasnt worked and theres no space for a bolt at the back, the bolt goes into the housing and its sealed😞, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,398 Posts
In your photo, there is a good length of thread sticking through the insert, and, looking at the other photo, it appears the flange has room to get a nut behind it. You might have to modify the housing a bit by cutting some of the plastic away, and also modify any nut by cutting some of it away on one side to get it in there.
The only other way is a replacement manifold.

Reactions: Jamie96

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In your photo, there is a good length of thread sticking through the insert, and, looking at the other photo, it appears the flange has room to get a nut behind it. You might have to modify the housing a bit by cutting some of the plastic away, and also modify any nut by cutting some of it away on one side to get it in there.
The only other way is a replacement manifold.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i have found the inserts but no idea about which size, does anyone know how to meausure the size i need?, i know the insert will need to be a little bit bigger so it grips tights into the plastic,

EDIT: would the helicoils work?, these brass ones need heated and inserted

·
Registered
52 Posts
Which engine ? I also have a 2014 insignia and it has the 2.0 cdti engine and I'm wondering is this s comment problem and something I might come up against ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi not sure which engine it is but if its any help its an ecoflex, i have managed to fix it using a soldering iron (£8 screwfix), heating the brass insert and pushing it in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi not sure which engine it is but if its any help its an ecoflex, i have managed to fix it using a soldering iron (£8 screwfix), heating the brass insert and pushing it in.
Mine is also the eco flex and it's the 2.0 cdti, I assume the one you have has the same engine

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is also the eco flex and it's the 2.0 cdti, I assume the one you have has the same engine
I would imagine so mate, dont think its a common issue as i searched through the forum and facebook pages only finding 1 post on facebook with the same problem and the garage fitted a new inlet manifold!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts