Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a cavalier turbo (year 1994) & have a few things that need sorting:-

1) I have a Blitz SBC dual-solenoid digital boost controller. When boost is turned completely off, the car runs fine and revs perfectly, but once you start turning the boost up and hit the turbo, most of the time the car splutters.
2) When the car is warming up and idling, quite a lot of blue(ish ) smoke puffs out , once car takes off, the smoke clears and no more is seen until car slows down i.e. at traffic lights, parking up, etc.
3) And if that’s not enough….. 4x4 doesn’t work. When I put the fuse in for the 4W drive power steering fluid pours out of a breather pipe, any suggestions?!

Any information you may have on the above problems would be very much apreciated!

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
your 4x4 is shot. got to cavalierturbom.com, its all registered cav turbo owners there. my advise to not put your 4x4 on. as for the blue smoke the car is burning oil. this can happen 3 ways
1 your pistons or bores are letting in oil,
2 your head gasket has gone and oil is seeping in,
3 the oil seals on your valves are letting oil in the way.

blue smoke if def burning oil,

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
KRIS_537 said:
your 4x4 is shot. got to cavalierturbom.com, its all registered cav turbo owners there. my advise to not put your 4x4 on. as for the blue smoke the car is burning oil. this can happen 3 ways
1 your pistons or bores are letting in oil,
2 your head gasket has gone and oil is seeping in,
3 the oil seals on your valves are letting oil in the way.

blue smoke if def burning oil,
Could be seals in the turbo to, (ie turbo needs re conditioning!)
as for the spluttering that may be due to the turbo as well or just the boost controler??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks very much guys for your advice, the good news is that you were right- turbo seals were gone, bad news is that turbo has now seized! :( thinking about getting a reconditioned one to replace it, any ideas where to start looking?

p.s. Kris 937- thanks for directing me to cavalier turbo site!

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Who sold you this Cavalier Turbo? Anyone from a Vauxhall forums?, sounds like the Turbo itself was fubared before you got it.

·
15,300 Posts
How much boost are you giving it through the controller?
Did you fit it, or did it already come on the car?

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
there are a few turbos on ebay. i do not know how much recon turbos are, but i do know they sell hybrids for close to 800 notes. cus im thinking of putting one on mine and selling the standard turbo but that is months off at the mo. :Cool2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts