Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mates 2ltr 16 corsa (redtop) his ecu light kept coming on when we turned left or went over a bump. fault codes was 91 and 61 but he checked plugs and cleaned stuff and 91 has gone only 61 is left and thats fuel tank vent low voltage

anyone know how to get rid of it

cheers

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
HI the fuel tank vents to a carbon canister on these older ones i didn't think there was a valve but there must be check for the black canister and follow the pipework i expect there's a corroded wire somewhere it could have something to do with the engine swop they actually never fitted a redtop to the corsa so maybe its the newer engine and has no feed from the valve and so the ecu is having a fit check for the wiring loom where they fitted it maybe they joined the wires and they have corroded a bit making a higher resistance TBH its just guess work as i say the engine has been fitted so there could be a whole load of reasons maybe someone who has done the conversion will post a better answer until then i hope i helped
regards
Steve

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate ur a legend alway get a reply off u , ill get him to look at this topic tomorrow . i dont get what u mean about a carbon canister tho , the car is a p reg i think ,strainge its only just started tho

cheers mate

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
the carbon canister is a little thing the tanks vented air/fuel goes through to kill emissions. as above though, it sounds like either a bodged wiring job or a corroded wire/connection (which should have been sealed if they'd done the swap right) so best to check all the connections, etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is it located , ive had to change a fuel tank on my corsa and i dont think ive come across anything like this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts