Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 Vauxhall Tigra folding roof convertible both the roof as well as the boot has stopped working.
For now it's a a bit of an emergency to try to get the boot working in some description as I need this for my work can anyone help apart from direct me to the Vauxhall dealership any experience or advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
2003 Vauxhall Astra G 1.6 8v Active.
256 Posts
Welcome to VxON.

Sorry I dont know how to fix your problem. However this Forum has a search facility, and Im sure there must be something on Youtube to help. Might also be worth getting diagnositcs done to see if it shows up anything. Vauxhall use Opcom. HTH (y)

·
Premium Member
15,572 Posts
After above, check you car battery. If this is getting down it can effect the roof mechanism. You could ask a trusted independent garage to check it for you or you could check it yourself first with a multi meter.

·
Registered
2006 Vectra C 1.8, 2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
53 Posts
I own a 2008 Vauxhall Tigra folding roof convertible both the roof as well as the boot has stopped working.
For now it's a a bit of an emergency to try to get the boot working in some description as I need this for my work can anyone help apart from direct me to the Vauxhall dealership any experience or advice is much appreciated
If it's like the Astra Twintop then in the event there is an issue with the roof, it will lock the boot and you need to open it via diagnostics. Also, if it's like the Astra, if you unplug the roof ECU, the boot will work as normal. On the Astra the roof ecu is rather helpfully in the boot, I would assume it's the same on the Tigra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My neighbour had a problem with his Tigra - the roof wouldn't respond to the signal from the switch.

I hooked up Op-Com and the roof worked fine, which confirmed that the switch needed lifting out and cleaning. Half an hour with some contact cleaner and it worked perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts