Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got as some know a boost valve for the cav gsi
anyway i didnt get instructions as it was a used one

please can anyone help with teh hoses i have the one for the blaking plate to valve
the air one

but on the bottom of the boost valve there is ment to be a fule return but this is what is confusing me???
any help appreciated

thansk
laura:Cool2:
 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
japcav said:
i have got as some know a boost valve for the cav gsi
anyway i didnt get instructions as it was a used one

please can anyone help with teh hoses i have the one for the blaking plate to valve
the air one

but on the bottom of the boost valve there is ment to be a fule return but this is what is confusing me???
any help appreciated

thansk
laura:Cool2:
Can ya post a pic or two?

We can then do some arrow's or something to show ya etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the valve
i know the air goes at the top
the fuel in goes on the left pipe and the fuel out goes on the bottome
but i dont know what pipe on the car is what ( fuel wise )


 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
japcav said:
but i dont know what pipe on the car is what ( fuel wise )
Laura,

My apologies... misunderstood ur question! :O

The bottom pipe which comes up at the back of the bay from the tank is the return, the one at the top which goes round the back of the inlet manifold to the dizzy end of the fuel rail is the feed.

hth...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so do i blank of the holes on the fuel rail that they WERE using???
as once the pipes are put on the valve they wont be attached to the rail

thanks for the help

if anyone has a pic of one on a car it would be appreciated
 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
vauxmaster said:
The original reg is at the return feed end next to the white arrow, my understanding is the adapter plate fits inplace of the original reg and then the other pipe is then connected to the return pipe at the back of the engine bay.

Has ur's got the adapter plate?
 

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
Post a pic of the whole lot Laura because you've got the blanking plate and a pipe going from the blanking plate .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am not sure if i am ment to cut the screw connector from the fuel return pipe ( as in pic 1 ) so that it can attach to the boost valve

and do i need to blank the hole that it was attached to on the fuel rail
 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
japcav said:
i am not sure if i am ment to cut the screw connector from the fuel return pipe ( as in pic 1 ) so that it can attach to the boost valve

and do i need to blank the hole that it was attached to on the fuel rail
Laura,

I'm no expert on this BUT... I don't think that pipe u've disconnected needs to be touched at all!!!!????!!!!

That is the feed from the tank, the pipe at the other end near the original reg is the return...

hopefully soemone with more knowledge of these will confirm what needs to be done.

Sorry I cannot be any more help! :shame:

:think
 

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
Not sure if this is right but what about cutting the threaded bit from the fuel return but leaving enough to block it with a bolt and jubilee clip then conecting what is left to the boost valve ?
Chaps ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
japcav said:
this is the valve
i know the air goes at the top
the fuel in goes on the left pipe and the fuel out goes on the bottome
but i dont know what pipe on the car is what ( fuel wise )



this is the way i have been told it needs to go ( feed wise ):shake so confusing
 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
japcav said:
Do I plank this off?
Not as far as I know...

Refit that one...

Disconnect the other one (return) and fit to bottom connection on FSE then plank off the old union on the rail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THEN FROM THE BOOST VALVE TO THE PETROL RETURN MAKE SURE IT IS TO THE RETURN ANY OTHER WAY AND THE CAR WILL NOT RUN SO MAKE SURE OF THIS

 

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
daddy cav said:
Not sure if this is right but what about cutting the threaded bit from the fuel return but leaving enough to block it with a bolt and jubilee clip then conecting what is left to the boost valve ?
Chaps ?
wich is what i said , is that right then . do it that way then
 

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
Seems feasable
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top