Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've bought a Vauxhall combo 1.7 DI 2005 recently and I knew there was a couple of issues. What I'm looking for is help to confirm what the actual parts are required on the MOT advisory sheet by way of images/pictures please. I'm fine with the Wheel Bearing. But not sure about the rest. I have attached the copy of the MOT for anyone to help me if possible. Thank you very much for your time reading my post and any help whatsoever you can offer.

Attachments

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
items 2 & 3 are the drop links part number 90496116
item 4 is a tyre,one of those large black round rubber things on each corner of the van ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TTT and Alan G H

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
For a start there are no drag links on your van, but it does have anti-roll bar drop links.
If it was me, I would check all these items myself before ordering any parts.
The drop links usually make a knocking noise going over bumps if they are worn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a start there are no drag links on your van, but it does have anti-roll bar drop links.
If it was me, I would check all these items myself before ordering any parts.
The drop links usually make a knocking noise going over bumps if they are worn.
Can you tell me why they have put drag links on the MOT cert as an advisory please if there is none. I'm a little confused, And forgive me that don't take much :p

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Can you tell me why they have put drag links on the MOT cert as an advisory please if there is none. I'm a little confused, And forgive me that don't take much :p
You will have to ask the MOT tester that! It seems he (she) is confused as well.
I suspect it could have slight play in the track rod inner ball joints, it may be these that have slight play.
Don't forget, many MOT testers seem to expect vehicles to be in new condition, whereas the testers manual merely expects vehicles to be safe. Slight play is acceptable in many parts.
As I said previously, check all the items for yourself, BEFORE ordering parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts