Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I HAVE A 2001 ASTRA 20DTI WHICH IS SYPHONING FUEL BACK TO TANK I HAVE CHANGED ALL LEAK OFF LINES BUT STILL HAPPENING ,BUT WHEN CAR RUNNING IT RUNS FAULTLESS UNTIL FUEL RUNS BACK .THERE IS CLEAR FUEL HOSE INLINE WITH THE FILTER AND I CAN SEE BUBBLE EVERY TEN SECONDS FROM FILTER SIDE GOING BACK TO TANK IF I CANNOT FIND THE LEAK WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO SWAP THE FUEL SENDER IN THE TANK FOR ONE FROM A MK 5 ASTRA WHICH HAS A FUEL PUMP IN THE TANK SENDER ID I ADD A PERMANENT LIVE AND LEAVE IT RUNNING ALL THE TIME AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE VAUXHALL PUSH IN CONNECTORS TO GO INTO THE FILTER CONNECTIONS ON TANK AND FILTER MANY THANKS TO YOU AND TO PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED LAST TIME MUCH APPRETIATED MARTYN

·
15,617 Posts
It would be dangerous to just add a permanent live to a fuel pump without the necessary links to the crash detection systems. In the event of an accident it could continue to pump fuel, which if ignited could burn you alive!!!!!

Reactions: Alan G H

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I presume you mean the fuel drains back overnight, and the car won't start (or starts but stops again) in the morning.
If you have air bubbles, you have a leak somewhere. The normal culprit is either a faulty seal or cracked housing on the fuel filter.
It's a matter of going over the system till you find what is wrong. These systems are designed to run without a pump in the tank, as @Koicarpkeeper says, fitting one could be dangerous.

Reactions: Westy1600

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,073 Posts
If its the same issue the 2.2dti has, I've read of people adding a primer pump.

We had a hell of a job priming our (2.2).

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Stick a hefty none return valve inline to the return pipe..

Could be the filter housing letting in air..usually is the case..just had this on my signum.replaced the base of the filter housing and she's sweet as a nut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts