Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have an idea of what causes this shakey metal noise for a few seconds when I'm moving really slowly and at the point of pressing the clutch in it makes a metal rocking noise and lasts literally seconds like somthings loose but heavily loose thanks in advance the noise sounds like its coming from the bottom gearbox side.

·
Worn Out Member
9,791 Posts
If you're pushing it too far before using the clutch it could be an exhaust heat shield rattling or even the exhaust centre pipe moving enough to touch the exhaust centre support bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply.
Here's more detail for you cause its hard to explain so I'm parking up slowing to a stop to put it into reverse when I press the clutch in there's a slight rattle like rocking sound from the gearbox side but hard to tell and the same happens if I'm reversing slowing down pressing the clutch it rattles a again like somthings loose.
If I put my foot down while driving or braking there's no rocking banging or rattling.
I just hope it's something simple and not sinister.
Have you ever heard an automatic gearbox struggle to change gear?Because it sounds similar to that if that helps.
Many thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts