Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined the forum and hoping for some help resolving an issue with my Son's 2002 1.0 Life.

We have just replaced the timing chain and head gasket after the previous chain snapped. Did the head gasket at the same time as i wanted to check that the pistons and valves were all okay which they are. All sealing well and compression is fine too.

Having put everything back together, the car turns over but won't start. It's giving the following codes but I can't work out why:

P0201, P0202 & P0203 which are all injector faults. However they all look okay and I doubt that 3 injectors would fail at the exact same time so far we have checked the following:

Fuel relay is fine
ECU relay is fine
Fuel pump is fine
All fuses are fine
Injectors are fine, each reading above 10V and delivering petrol
Spark plugs are fine and giving a good spark (even replaced to be on the safe side)
All connections are correct and secure
ECU is grounded (even added new ground and cleaned up old one to be on the safe side)
Throttle body responds to accelerator pedal and opens when pressed (although it does click sometimes) and it is drawing air in well.
Good battery

We also drained the old fuel and replaced it with new as the car has been sitting for 3 years now when the timing chain snapped.

Spent days on it now trying to work out what the problem can be. It's getting fuel, we have a spark and we have air!

It's not an immobiliser issue I don't think as the spanner light comes on but doesn't flash.

If anyone can offer any other suggestions I would really appreciate it as we are stumped and I cannot work out why we are getting the injector errors. Prior to the timing chain failure it was a good reliable car which started and ran with no problems.

Thanks
Elliot

·
Worn Out Member
5,779 Posts
Do you have the full fault codes ? they would seem to be at odds with the fact you say the injectors are delivering.
they all have three possible options :
for example
P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit High
P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Low
P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Open

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Do you have the full fault codes ? they would seem to be at odds with the fact you say the injectors are delivering.
they all have three possible options :
for example
P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit High
P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Low
P0201 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Open
The specific message for all 3 codes is fairly generic 'Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder' and then the cylinder number. Repeated for all 3.

How have you confirmed they are delivering fuel. 10v sounds a bit low to me. I'd expect near battery voltage.
Removed plugs and they are wet with fuel and you can smell petrol in the cylinders. I originally thought 10V was low but I read on a couple of forum posts that I should expect to see 10V and above so thought this was okay.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Have you set the timing disc on the camshaft correctly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you set the timing disc on the camshaft correctly?
Alan you are a star! Finally got back on the car today and decided to check the timing disc. We originally fitted it using the correct locating tool with the camshafts locked in place but seems it was still possible to locate the disc incorrectly by about 180 degrees! Refitted it correctly and the car started straight away.

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts