Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Always better to have the time and not have to rush things. Be careful not to lose the two metal gaskets when you remove the egr. One of mine is still somewhere at the back of the engine block. Brake cleaner should be fine to use on the egr. Once youve got the egr on the bench Take off the solenoid . Three or four small torx type bolts hold that to the egr. Check it to see if it moves freely. There are a few videos on youtube to help you with it all. Good luck

Bill

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
That is a code relating to the dpf pressure sensor. Depending on what type of dpf you have fitted depends on whether you have one or two pipes going to the pressure sensor which is bolted to the fuel filter housing. Check this pipe(s) as it descends into the engine bay they break or melt and it affects the reading of the pressure sensor..

Bill

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I know the feeling . I had two out of the three codes you have. The 242f75 was a faulty pressure sensor on mine. Determined this after lots of help on here and extensive testing. And the 2279 you know about. I was taking my egr off on an alnost daily basis and cleaning it .
I think the 242f75 code will stop the dpf from regenerating so i would check those pipes out.

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ok no cracks or breaks in the dpf sensor hose it is the one with 1 hose not 2. Pulled the egr cleaned it best I could and put it back on still same issues. Lack of power below 2k rpm and my wife told me that she had the car hit 3k rpm and just drop in power but if she let off the gas and gave it more it was fine I had the same thing happen to me today when I drove it. Here are some pics of the egr before.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Have a read of what was suggested when i had the 242f75 code illuminate. Do you have Opcom or similar?depends how far you want to delve or you could gamble and replace the pressure sensor and see if normal service is resumed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I only get the one check engine light on the one that marks emissions. I will double check the hose under the car to check for any problems. I am starting to get worried if I can't figure out the problems or problem that's giving me the codes will it be safe to even drive on the autobahn next month for 2 hours one way. Did you ever figure out what the problem was.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
The 242f75 code brought on the car with spanner light on. A new pressure sensor fixed it. The egr valve is the original on my car. 111,000 miles . This used to bring on the check engine light on and the code stored was 2279 and was fixed by cleaning it. One day the same code came on and cleaning the egr didnt fix it. Glueing the swirl flaps did though.
Youll get there

Bill

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Might be worth investing in something like Opcom. Along with a laptop youll be able to see what the engines doing when its running. As well as reset fault codes.

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
i have a question i checked the throttle body hose at the start of the problem hunting i noticed it had oil in the hose going to the throttle body should i be worried the the electronic throttle board is messed up. i have not pulled the throttle body off just yet.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I seem to recall find oil in my throttle body when i was trying to find the fault on mine. I assumed they were all like that. I cleaned it up as best as i could but it didnt make a difference to mine. So i think it must be normal but im sure someone will say if it is or not. Perhaps the right phrase is not normal but acceptable?

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Ok sorry if not giving a update I have been sick this week plus after the time on this car I am ready to burn it to the ground. That said new egr valve installed seems to have fixed the lack of power I need to have to codes cleared before I can say problem fixed. It also got q oil change which was a pan because of the oil filter housing location. Brakes have been replaced and one front brake caliper passenger side thanks to a broken bleeder screw. So I will update once the codes are cleared.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts