Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Yeah they look like the ones although when i "check vehicle" it says they dont fit mine. I have the 150 bhp zafira as well. I suspect you would have to remove the manifold to do it although i could be wrong on that as well ! Let us know how you get on if you decide to fit them . Would be handy to know for future reference.

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yeah for that set it is about 95 euros and to buy a new intake with them already installed its about 80 to 300 euro give or take. the only thing i can see as a problem is that if i get them and can replace them without removing the intake i would not be able to have a cleaner intake

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok the parts I shared yesterday will fit my motor the manufacturer has gotten back in touch with me. I cleaned the oil up around the swivel arm on each one when I started it looks like 2 maybe 3 are leaking I see what looks like little bubbles coming from around 2 of the swivel flaps not the part that goes into the intake but looks like the smaller hole that they slide through if that makes sense. I also looked at the maf sensor plug part it has 3 pin shouldn't there be 4 pins if there are 4 then it's missing a pin. I tried to take pictures but nothing good came from them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok here is a update. The swivel flaps do not have any oil around them anymore. So no signs of leaking from them now in second gear it has no power in acceleration it gets up to 3-4,000rpm before it has any power

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not yet my wife's been working everyday so the time has not be available to me to work on the egr. From cleaning the map sensor would that have brought the code for the mass air flow sensor

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ok i am just trying trying to figure out why the p0100 code showed up after i cleaned the map sensor. i am hoping to be able to replace all three this week the maf sensor the map sensor and the egr all in one go the trouble is for a mass air flow sensor they are asking 100 euro or more. i just want the sensor not the plastic tube with it

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Try cleaning the egr valve first. Its easy to take off and all you need to clean it is carb cleaner or similar. If you replace it try and get a genuine replacement and not a pattern part.

Bill

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Perhaps that p010 code has flagged up because youve taken off the map sensor i dont know. All i can say is its never happened on mine. If you change all three parts you wont know which one was at fault. I keep saying clean the egr because on mine it was a constant problem every few months and was responsible for 2279 fault code. If you can establish the egr is clean and working fine then you can rule it out and move on to the next item on the list. When you cleaned the map sensor you were gentle with it? Cause they are easily damaged and shouldnt be robustly cleaned. A spray of carb cleaner worked well for me.

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I used a engine spray cleaner to clean the map sensor and a toothbrush and I lightly worked at it. I had to take a pick to the part that does not have the sensor and dig out so build up. I will try the egr today.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
The map sensor is the one in the inlet manifold near to the egr. If youve caught the sensitive part in the middle with the toothbrush it may well be damaged. I only ever sprayed carb cleaner at mine but i read online never to touch the sensor in the centre of it.

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
the sensor for mine was not in the center but off set to the back more towards where the wiring harness connects. when i sprayed mine with the cleaner it was packed in and was not a easy job to get it clean. i figured if i hit the sensor and damaged it that a code would set for that part. i will be cleaning the egr tomorrow no one needs the car tomorrow and the day after which is great. i placed a order for breaks rotors and oil change items and just added a egr to the parts just to have on hand. even if i dont need it i dont mind storing it for the time i do need it.i have break cleaner as well would that be safe to use on the mass air flow sensor to clean.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts