Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hI

Kinda new to this:) but had problem with my vectra last night and the car is my baby, was driving home and sat with friend in car chatting before dropped her off, as pulled away a light came on the dash ( shape of car with spanner through it) was sure so pulled into estate and called RAC who brought me home.
Sods law light had went off but still took it to garage today, they checked it out and said a fault code had come up and it indicated there was a fault with the camshaft dephaser!!! the light has went out and not came back since, I was going to get it replaced but the guy said give it a chance could be a glich, been out few times since and no light ( doesnt mean wont come back) just need bit of help and guidance, what is the dephaser, and is it expensive to fix, and if it does come back on would I be able to drive home, as I work 41 miles from home so round trip of 82 a day

Any help or advice be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
i think they mean the cam shaft sensor,it could run for ever with out comeing on, it could fail compleatly and strand you

what was the code they gave you?

if you do need to change it its not a massive job,it will be a wire with a plug on 1 end and a bolt holding it to the block between the cam shafts,always buy an original vauxhall one the cheap ones on ebay are normaly rubbish quality

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re-camshaft

Hi

thankyou for replying I checked the paperwork the garage gave me and the fault code is POO11, does that help

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
id bet on a cam sensor as your in the rac id not bother,if its going to come on again it will,then you need the cam sensor swapping out,after being recoverd to a garage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts