Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to debadge my veccy, whats under them?? are they glued like nova/orion/seirra?? or will they have holes underneath?? info needed i want it all done 4 the weekend! PLEEEEASE HELP.. thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh i`m talking about the boot, i know the front usually has 2 holes so the t1t at the factory can get the griffin str8

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
they will not hav holes underneath.

You will need.

A hair dryer ot heat gun
A panel wipe of some description -

Tar and glue remover
bug and tar remover (available from halfords)
(petrol also does the job just as good but the fumes arnt so great for u):lmao:
Car polish (autoglym/megiars/etc etc)
loads of cloths/polishing rags (an old tshirt or 5 is good):Cool2:

Process - -

1. heat the badge a little, so as to soften the glue and make it easier to pull off, and remove the badge (BY HAND)
if this proves difficult wrap a screwdriver around a rag and VERY carefully work the badge loose (BUT I DONT REALLY ADVISE DOING THIS UNLESS TOTALLY NECESSARY)

2. use the panel wipe you have, and a little heat if necessary to soften and wipe away the residue that is left upon removing the badge.

Now you will be left with a bit of a mess i would have thought but dont worry.

3. apply car polish liberally to the badge area, leave to dry (as this will take longer due to the glue and the panel wipe) and buff off with a clean cloth.

4. having removed all badges in this way, polish the full boot panel with car polish in the usual way

5. stand back and admire

hope this helps.:Cool2:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds just like how i did previous cars thanks, so theres no holes under the badges then?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice 1 ill get on with it as soon as its a little warmer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Debadged

Hi there! about you question on debadging i also gonna bebadge my veecy i know all the worded ones eg vauxhall, vectra, 2.5 v6. They are all just stuck down, im not to sure about the actual vauxshall badge but will soon be finding out, hope this helps.
metric321 said:
im going to debadge my veccy, whats under them?? are they glued like nova/orion/seirra?? or will they have holes underneath?? info needed i want it all done 4 the weekend! PLEEEEASE HELP.. thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah let me know if u find out i was gonna leave mine on but mite take it off does the 1 on the bonnnet have holes too???

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im sure i read that there`s holes in the body so the badges are it stuck on straight at the factorys, alltho it was an article on the bonnet and front end so im not too sure, make`s sence tho i suppose..
its not a problem i just want to be prepared when i take them of as i`ll need more time to fill the holes and touch up the paint.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
feck bug and tar remover, get some cellulose thinners, wipe the residue and any foamy stuff left and it'll come right off.

Then clean and polish! :Cool2:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i d never use bug remover i `d never be driveing that fast in reverse in the first place, plus i like my paint just fine as it is thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine is completely de-badged it a 1998 it has to small hole in it, your best using the filler that looks like alloy colour it from halfords it doest need painting straight away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts