Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 95 m plater 1.7 td and it had some fuel starvation problems according to mechanic, so heres a few things if you can help me i'd be well grateful :grrr
firstly do they have an immobiliser in the key fob that may stop the engine trying to start as it seems to start then suddendly cut off, and if not is there a cut off on the fuel pump :turd this is really doing my head in, :bananasmi any help from people who have some experience or ideas would be great for some feedback!!:Cool2:

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
what exactly is happening? does it start? does it drive? then feel like your slammin on ya brakes?

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
jimscavsri16v said:
if it had an immobiliser that was playing up the EML light would be flashing when u try and start the car and u wouldnt even get the engine turning over,so u can rule that one out mate :up:

Have u checked ur glow plugs by anychance??

the td has no engine management to have an eml , and they are only immobilised through the pump & the engine will turn over as well , so an immobilizer fault is a possibility.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes have tried the fuel filter thats fine according to the mechanic its got diesel coming from the tank but not up into the filter and when you try and start it it just dies straight after. so im getting diff opinions here now so does it have an immobiliser i rang up vauxhall and they said its more than likely that it has and may of fallen out of its holder or something, so i've got him checking that as well as the solenoid on the pump? would glow plugs affect this or from what ive read in a previous post the battery stopping it? thanx in advacne guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts