Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can any advise how I can get at the Hazard Warning Plug so that I can attach the orange and yellow wires on my PC2-85-4 harness adapter. These are needed to illumination and power.

I hope this isn't a remove all the dash scenario!!!

Thanks........ Mark

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hi Markluk.

Illumination and power for what? The adaptor? Has it got a built in amp?

Surely it would be easier to use power and illumination from the normal sources?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wiring loom adapter has two loose wires that it states need to be connected to the Hazard Warning pins. The quadlock adapter doesnt coonect into the cars power and illumination circuit via the standard connection these are extra wires required.
Hence I need access to the hazard warning plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are on the standard ISO connector but not on the vehicle loom as far as I understand it - hence when you use the quadlock adapter you need to join a couple of wires. I might try to see what happens if I dont connect them first!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all again

Well I have tried the unit without connecting the two wires into the Hazard lights - as I guessed no joy!
I have got to the harzard plug, the switch plugs in from the fron and I have no access to the wires still - also there only seem to be a few pins, not 18 - I am supposed to connect into 18!!
Please HELP I have a lovely JVC stereo that want playing!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vectra C - Power and Illumination Wires for New Headunit

I need to connect two wires up to my Vectra as the Quadlock connector doesnt include these apparently.

The hazard warning light is recommended by Autoleads but I cannot seem to find these.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket unit into a Vectra C successfully?

Please help!

Markluk

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Look in your first thread. Posting the same question twice in the same day will not necessarily get the best response!

L

·
0 Posts
As hillper says, please don't post the same thing twice, it simply means I have to merge the threads!

L

·
0 Posts
Please tell me the h/u you are trying to fit (ie model no.)
I am confused as to why you are having all these problems.

·
CavWeb Audio Master
1,777 Posts
New Vec C has quad lock, my is still on ISO so I haven't got this problem.
Unfortunantly I don't know about needing to take power from hazard light switch. I know on the new Astra we have to take ignition 12volts from hazard light switch.

You can get illumination from light switch in dash (if you really wanted illumination) and ignition I have sourced on back of fuse board behind glove box on mine.

Could try http://www.forum.vectra-c.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all

When the new Headunit is in.

What I did was connect the yellow wire that needed power to the red wire on the quadlock adapter - now the unit is powered all the time (no ignition).
As for the illumination I didnt bother - the unit has enough lights!

I also managed to squeeze a line out lead through into my glovebox so an MP3 player can sit in there :)

Thanks for all the help people

Markluk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts